HAMILTON, Bermuda, May 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- So your place of employment, in its infinite wisdom, is offering Summer Fridays this year. Hey, it actually increases productivity!
Now comes the big decision: What are you going to do with your bonus weekend hours? You could:
a) Battle traffic and stake out a space on a crowded beach.
b) Elbow your way up to the bar during happy hour and try to catch the bartender's eye.
c) Go home and take a nap.
Or you could do something totally extraordinary.
Come to Bermuda. The island is just two hours from most major east coast U.S. airports. You'll be sinking your toes into Bermuda's famous pink sands, feasting your eyes on sparkling turquoise waters, and sipping a Dark 'n Stormy (one of the island's signature cocktails) while your colleagues are still stuck in the city. That's what's called winning Summer Fridays.
Here are seven things to do on a Friday night in paradise.
1. Settle in for Marina Nights, an enticing happy hour at Hamilton Princess & Beach Club. Relax on chic patio furniture along the dock, enjoying cocktails, appetizers and a truly spectacular sunset.
2. Kick off your shoes and cozy up to Tobacco Bay's Bonfire and Bohemia, featuring live music, happy hour specials and a roaring beach bonfire.
3. There's nightlife – and then there's nightlife. In this case, we're talking about the incredible things you'll see on a Bermuda Triangle Night Glass Bottom Boat Cruise, which gives you a unique, illuminated view of coral and fish.
4. You'll find plenty of elbow room at Elbow Beach. Every Friday night, the Big Chill offers cool vibes on the sands and under the stars, not to mention sushi, tapas and cocktails, plus a DJ spinning chilled-out beats.
5. This is a party that floats. Set sail on a Sunset Cruise aboard an elegant UberVida celebration yacht and order your drink of choice from a full bar with champagne, wines by the bottle/glass and a diverse cocktail menu.
6. On the south shore, spend a little time at The Dock at Waterlot Inn, a chic waterside lounge that sits in the secluded Jews Bay. Cool off with a Berm-Jito, made with Bermuda Gold Rum, sugar cane, mint and lime.
7. Maybe you've always dreamed of sipping a cocktail on a pirate ship? You can do just that aboard Calico Jack's, Bermuda's only floating bar – built to look like it's sailed straight out of Pirates of the Caribbean. Hoist the Jolly Roger and raise a glass to an unforgettable Summer Friday.
And that's just the beginning of a weekend. Start planning the rest of your Bermuda adventure now.
About Bermuda: Now is the perfect time to escape to Bermuda, the ultimate island getaway. It's much closer than you think – located in the Atlantic Ocean off of North Carolina's coast and a two-hour non-stop flight from most eastern US airports. Enjoy British charm and Island soul in mild year-round weather, with championship golf, a vast array of watersports, legendary pink sand beaches, and a wealth of historic sites. The announcement that Bermuda will host the 35th America's Cup in 2017 has brought a fresh energy to the destination, with new and redeveloped hotels, must-visit attractions and restaurants adding to the island spirit. Start planning your "proper fun" vacation and visit www.gotobermuda.com, www.facebook.com/BermudaTourism, and www.twitter.com/GoToBermuda.
SOURCE Bermuda Tourism Authority