SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRO) today announced its new product lineup including its $399 flagship, HERO7 Black, which sets a new bar for video stabilization with its standout feature, HyperSmooth.
HyperSmooth is the best in-camera video stabilization ever featured in a camera. It makes it easy to capture professional-looking, gimbal-like stabilized video without the expense or hassle of a motorized gimbal. And HyperSmooth works underwater and in high-shock and wind situations where gimbals fail. HERO7 Black with HyperSmooth video stabilization – you've got to see it to believe it.
With HERO7 Black, GoPro is also introducing a radical new form of video called TimeWarp. TimeWarp Video applies a high-speed, 'magic-carpet-ride' effect to your videos. Imagine a scenic drive, ocean dive or walk through the city compressed into a super-stabilized, sped-up version of itself, with the entire experience playing out in seconds. TimeWarp Video transforms longer experiences into short, flowing videos that are compelling to watch and easy to share.
And when it comes to sharing, there's no faster way to do it than live. HERO7 Black is the first GoPro to live stream, enabling users to automatically share in real time to Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms internationally. The result is an exciting and convenient way to share life's more interesting, on-the-go moments.
"HERO7 Black is the GoPro we've all been waiting for," said GoPro founder, Nick Woodman. "With HyperSmooth video stabilization, HERO7 Black is a camera anyone can use to capture amazingly smooth, professional looking shots of their favorite activities. And they can do it live."
$399 HERO7 Black Features:
- HyperSmooth Stabilization - Gimbal-like stabilization without the gimbal
- Live Stream – automatic sharing as you live it while saving your streamed videos to your SD card in high definition
- TimeWarp Video – Super-stabilized time lapse 'magic carpet ride' videos of your experiences, up to 30x speed
- SuperPhoto – Intelligent scene analyzation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode – Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and more
- Enhanced Audio – Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range, new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface – 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection – HERO7 Black recognizes faces, expressions and scene-types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips – Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing and sharing. Great for new users and kids.
- Photo Timer – Countdown timer for convenient selfies and group shots
- Stunning Image Quality – 4K60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo – 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Rugged and Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m), goes everywhere your phone can't
- Voice Control – Verbal commands let you go hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos move automatically from camera when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers – Track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
- Touch Zoom – Frame your photos and videos with just a touch
HERO7 Black Million Dollar Challenge – It's Time For Our Customers to 'GoPro'
With HyperSmooth video stabilization, HERO7 Black makes it easier than ever to capture professional looking shots of your favorite activities. To celebrate, we are inviting HERO7 Black owners to shoot this year's HERO7 Black highlight video for their cut of $1,000,000. Beginning September 27 worldwide, users can submit their best HERO7 Black raw video clips to the Million Dollar Challenge. Our creative team will pick their favorite shots for the highlight reel and award an equal cut of a million dollars to the individuals whose footage is selected.
For all HERO7 Black Million Dollar Challenge submission guidelines and details, please visit GoPro.com/Awards.
HERO7 Silver + HERO7 White – Meet the Rest of the Lineup
GoPro has a new HERO camera for everyone this fall, including newbies, active go-getters and social sharers of all ages. Joining HERO7 Black to round out the lineup are HERO7 Silver and HERO7 White – the perfect active-lifestyle cameras for entry and mid-level users.
The 4K $299 HERO7 Silver and 1080p $199 HERO7 White are tough, tiny and waterproof to 33 feet. Tell them what to do using voice commands, or just tap the shutter button, and the camera will turn on and capture the moment automatically. And of course, it wouldn't be a GoPro without the stunning video and photo quality that's made GoPro the best-selling camera in North America for more than four-and-a-half years straight. Both HERO7 Silver and White feature significantly improved video stabilization, making it easier to get great looking shots on-the-go.
To review a full set of features and capabilities for all of our HERO7 cameras visit GoPro's news blog, The Inside Line.
The $399 HERO7 Black, $299 HERO7 Silver and $199 HERO7 White are available for pre-order today at GoPro.com. Cameras will be available in-store internationally beginning Thursday, September 27, and domestically on Sunday, September 30.
About GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRO)
GoPro helps the world celebrate and share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro, HERO, Quik, QuikStories and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, visit www.gopro.com. GoPro users can submit their photos, raw clips and video edits to GoPro Awards for social stoke, GoPro gear and cash prizes. Learn more at www.gopro.com/awards. Connect with GoPro on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and GoPro's blog The Inside Line.
SOURCE GoPro, Inc.