NEW YORK, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BLACK ENTERPRISE will kick off its 2012 Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by Nationwide Insurance on Wednesday, May 23, at the Chicago Hilton with a powerhouse line-up of some of the nation's most accomplished and celebrated entrepreneurs, including ABC's Shark Tank co-star Daymond John. The three-day power conference, which brings together more than 1,200 of the country's leading entrepreneurs and corporate executives, is designed to provide attendees with the newest and most innovative strategies from today's top business minds and provide high-powered networking opportunities critical to their efforts to take their businesses to the next level of profitability.
Daymond John, founder and CEO of the urban clothing line FUBU and CEO of Shark Branding, will help kick-off the opening event, "Equity Date With An Angel," during which attendees will gain insights into how to position their business and craft their pitch to secure capital from angel investors. Select participants of the session will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a private investor during business coaching sessions held throughout the conference.
This year's confirmed speakers also include:
- Daymond John, Founder, President & CEO of FUBU, television personality, Shark Tank.
- Tavis Smiley, President & CEO, The Smiley Group Inc
- Angela Benton, Founder & CEO, Black Web Media L.L.C.
- Marcus Samuelsson, world-renowned Top Chef and restauranteur
- Gina Neely, Chef & TV Personality, Down Home with the Neelys
- Quintin E. Primo, III, Chairman & CEO, Capri Capital Advisors, LLC
- Michael Baisden, Author, Activist & Host of The Michael Baisden Show
- Sree Sreenivasan, Journalism Educator at Columbia University
- Magnus Greaves, Founder & CEO, The CASHFLOW
- Jeffrey Wright, Actor and Founder & Vice Chairman, Taia Lion Resources
- Brenda Braxton, Owner of BBraxton, Exceptional Grooming for Exceptional Men
- Nadine Thompson, CEO of Soul Purpose Lifestyle Company
- Kim Coles, Comedian & TV Personality
- Anthony Frasier, Co-Founder, Playd
- Chris Genteel, Business Development Manager, Global Diversity Program, Google, Inc.
The 2012 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference hosted by Nationwide Insurance boasts high-powered sessions on critical industry topics such as International Business, Finding Angel Investors, Social Media Marketing, The Art of Creative Partnerships, Corporate Procurement, Business Coaching, Protecting Your Idea/Invention, Franchising, Selling Online, Generating Cash for your Tech Start-up, Using Search Engine Optimization to Sell Your Goods and How to do Business with the Government. For the aspiring entrepreneur, The Small Business Success™ Bootcamp offers a step-by-step approach to kick-starting a new enterprise. Plus, the Black Enterprise Elevator Pitch Competition will award $10,000 for the best new business idea and the Teenpreneur program will teach business fundamentals to youths, ages 13-17.
To access updates on the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by Nationwide, follow BLACK ENTERPRISE on Facebook and on Twitter, and by tracking the hashtags #BEEC2012. #BETEEN12 and #TEENPRENEUR.
The 2012 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by Nationwide is presented by Ariel Investments, DELL, General Motors (GM), Google, Mass Mutual, PepsiCo and Walmart. Platinum sponsors include FedEx Express, Fifth Third Bank, and Wendy's International. Corporate Sponsors include ALiveLook, American Airlines, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Monster, The David Paterson Show, PR Newswire and WVON-AM 1690.
SOURCE BLACK ENTERPRISE