FAIRFAX, Va., Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sheehy Auto Stores has announced donations of $161,000 among 23 charities throughout the communities they serve in Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Richmond, Virginia. The donations are part of Sheehy's Annual Giving Program whereby each dealership partners with local non-profit organizations.
"Our employees and family of dealerships do much throughout the year in donating time and money for a variety of charities," said Vince Sheehy, President of Sheehy Auto Stores. "We are grateful for our success and pleased to continue our annual end of the year giving campaign that supports a wide array of causes throughout the Maryland, DC and Virginia areas."
In the Washington, D.C. area, $79,000 was donated to charities including:
- Bethany House ($6,000)
- Center for Children ($5,000)
- Covenant House Washington ($6,000)
- Ecumenical Community Helping Others ($5,000)
- Fauquier F.I.S.H. ($6,000)
- The First Tee of Howard County ($8,000)
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church ($5,000)
- The Good Shepherd Housing ($8,000)
- Hospice of Charles County ($5,000)
- The Lamb Center ($5,000)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities ($5,000)
- SERVE ($10,000)
- Smashing Walnuts Foundation ($5,000)
Non-profit organizations in Baltimore, Maryland that received $47,000 included:
- Anne Arundel Medical Center ($30,000)
- Anne Arundel County CASA ($7,000)
- Arundel House of Hope ($5,000)
- Mosaic Community Services ($5,000)
In the Richmond, Virginia market, $35,000 was distributed to:
- Comfort Zone Camp ($2,500)
- Mercy Mall of Virginia ($19,000)
- Patrick Henry YMCA ($3,000)
- ACES ($2500)
- Young Life Hanover ($3,000 )
- Habitat for Humanity ($5,000)
Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.
Sheehy Auto Stores is the 33rd largest dealer group in the country and serves customers in the Richmond, Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas. A family-owned business since it was founded as one Ford store in 1966 in Marlow Heights, Md., the company has grown to more than $1.5 billion in sales with more than 40,000 new and used vehicles sold each year. The company is recognized as a leader in customer satisfaction, retention and community involvement. For more information visit www.sheehy.com or call 703-802-3480.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sheehy-auto-stores-donates-more-than-160000-to-23-charities-in-washington-baltimore-and-richmond-as-part-of-annual-giving-program-300389155.html
SOURCE Sheehy Auto Stores