NEW YORK, Aug. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SheKnows Media, a leading women's media company with 79 million unique visitors per month* and a total reach of nearly 292 million social media fans, and the Ad Council, the largest producer of national public service communications programs in the U.S., today announced that they will partner to launch #SheDoesGood, a program where social influencers and bloggers belonging to the 21,000-member SheKnows Media community will become ambassadors for the Ad Council's social causes and pro-social campaigns.
#SheDoesGood will be officially introduced at the SheKnows Media-produced #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us conference community in Los Angeles on August 6. #SheDoesGood ambassadors will select from the following Ad Council campaigns and contribute and amplify content for the upcoming year: Love Has No Labels, Learning and Attention Issues, Save the Food, The Shelter Pet Project, Adoption from Foster Care and Caregiving.
Content creators who attend #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us will self-select from the above-mentioned six campaigns based on the issues that they are most passionate about, can speak to on a personal level, and resonate most with their audiences. As part of #SheDoesGood, each content creator will activate at least once per quarter through blog posts, social media amplification, and in other ways around relevant times of the year.
"Female bloggers and social influencers have a personal and candid relationship with their audiences and are able to communicate with them in ways that truly resonate. It's like getting advice from your best girlfriend," said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council. "#SheDoesGoodwill is an incredible opportunity for these women to promote causes that they are passionate about and communicate critically important messages. I can't wait to see the impact of this partnership."
SheKnows Media operates a portfolio of leading women's sites, including SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, STYLECASTER.com and HelloFlo.com. The annual #BlogHer conference series brings together 3,000-plus social media influencers, content creators, brand executives and industry luminaries. This year, the conference will take place Aug. 4-6 at the JW Marriott L.A. LIVE, and includes an impressive lineup of keynote speakers, including Kim Kardashian West, Aisha Tyler, Sheryl Crow, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Mayim Bialik. To view the full conference schedule or to register for #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us, click here.
"We are driven by causes that empower and are important to all women, which is reflected in the award-winning content featured on our sites, as well as tentpoles like Hatch, a mission-driven digital storytelling and media literacy program for kids; The Pitch, a platform and video series that elevates, connects and celebrates female entrepreneurs; and finally, the #Femvertising Awards, which honor brands that are challenging gender norms by building stereotype-busting, pro-female messages and images into ads that target women," said Samantha Skey, President and Chief Revenue Officer, SheKnows Media.
Skey continued, "Our commitment to bringing awareness to issues that our community is passionate about aligns perfectly with that of the Ad Council's, and we could not be more thrilled to partner with them and introduce an amazing program like #SheDoesGood to our vast community."
Content creators who join #SheDoesGood at #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us will have the opportunity to receive exclusive content and play a critical role in furthering a national PSA campaign, along with recognition on Ad Council, SheKnows.com, and supporting campaign partner platforms. Additional campaigns will be integrated into the #SheDoesGood program in upcoming years. Learn more here.
#SheDoesGood Campaign Information:
- Love Has No Labels: While the vast majority of Americans consider themselves unprejudiced, many of us unintentionally make snap judgments about people based on what we see—whether it's race, age, gender, religion, sexuality, or disability. This implicit bias has profound implications for how we view and interact with others who are different from us. The award-winning viral Love Has No Labels campaign—recognized as the dancing skeletons behind the x-ray screen—encourages everyone to celebrate diversity and re-think their bias. Learn more here.
- Learning and Attention Issues: 1 in 5 children struggle with a learning and/or attention issue. That's 15 million kids ages three to 20, and many of their issues go undiagnosed. The campaign aims to increase the number of parents who are actively helping and seeking help for their kids by directing them to Understood.org, a free online resource that empowers parents through personalized support, daily access to experts and other tools. Learn more here.
- Save the Food: Food production eats up 10% of the total U.S. energy budget, uses 50% of U.S. land, and swallows 80% of freshwater consumed in the U.S. Yet 40% of the food produced never gets eaten. Consumers collectively waste more food than grocery stores, restaurants or farms. This campaign gives home cooks tips on how to better shop for food, store food and serve food to save the food and save the earth. Learn more here.
- The Shelter Pet Project: The Shelter Pet Project is the first national campaign to bring together the nation's leading animal welfare organizations, Maddie's Fund® and the Humane Society of the United States, and shelters and rescue groups across the country with one unified goal – to increase pet adoption. While 6-8 million dogs and cats will enter shelters and rescue groups each year, only about half will be adopted. This means there are still millions of pets who need our help to find a home each year. There is a common misconception that pets did something wrong to wind up in shelters and rescue groups; however, the reality is that the vast majority of these pets end up in shelters and rescue groups through no fault of their own. Learn more here.
- Adoption From Foster Care: There are 415,000 children in the U.S. foster care system. 108,000 are awaiting adoption. This campaign delivers the message that "You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent" by using a humorous angle to communicate the seemingly challenging task of adopting a child from foster care. More than 25,000 children have been adopted as a result of the campaign. Learn more here.
- Caregiving: 40 million caregivers in the U.S. provide unpaid care to older relatives and friends. Almost 3 in 10 people who are caring for someone say their life has changed, often negatively. More than 1 in 5 says her weight, exercise habits, and/or social life have suffered. The campaign encourages caregivers to care not only for their loved ones, but also for themselves directing them to AARP's Caregiving Resource Center where caregivers can find thousands of helpful articles, tips, and tools from experts and fellow caregivers who have been in their place. Learn more here.
* comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, May 2016, U.S.
About SheKnows Media
SheKnows Media is the number-one women's lifestyle digital media company with 79 million unique visitors per month (comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, May 2016, U.S.) and 292 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, STYLECASTER.com and HelloFlo.com. SheKnows Media also organizes the conference #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us, the largest annual celebration of women online content creators, social media influencers and brand executives, taking place in Los Angeles, August 4-6, 2016. With a mission of women inspiring women, SheKnows Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it's parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate more than 2 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
SheKnows Media is based in New York and Scottsdale, Ariz., with offices in Los Angeles and Chicago. We also operate internationally in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.
The Ad Council
The Ad Council is a private, non-profit organization with a rich history of marshaling volunteer talent from the advertising and media industries to deliver critical messages to the American public. To learn more about the Ad Council and its campaigns, visit Adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sheknows-media-and-the-ad-council-launch-shedoesgood-at-blogher16-experts-among-us-to-engage-top-bloggers-and-influencers-in-social-good-campaigns-300308396.html
SOURCE The Ad Council