NEW YORK, June 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Simon®, the global leader in retail real estate and omni-channel retail, today announced the winners of the inaugural 'Simon Launch' retail startup competition.
The winning startups, selected from more than 300 applications, are:
- LimeSpot Solutions, a personalization engine for ecommerce that utilizes the power of advanced machine learning, social network profiles/history, and behavioral analysis.
- Rank & Style, simplifying shopping by bringing consumers unbiased, data-driven 'Top Ten' lists of the best fashion and beauty products.
- SKU IQ, technology that syncs real-time inventory across in-store point of sale systems, warehouse management systems, and e-commerce platforms and marketplaces.
Winners of the 'Simon Launch' competition have received a co-investment from Simon Venture Group and Plug and Play, a global investor and technology accelerator, and have been accepted into Plug and Play's Retail Accelerator Program in Silicon Valley.
"The high levels of interest and participation in this competition illustrate the excitement around next-generation retail technologies," said J. Skyler Fernandes, Managing Director of Simon Venture Group. "We are particularly excited to be working with our 'Simon Launch' winners and are committed to helping them grow and become even more successful."
With the success of the inaugural 'Simon Launch', a second competition is already underway with applications being accepted now through July 5, 2015. Candidates can apply at www.SimonVentureGroup.com . Winners of the second 'Simon Launch' will receive an investment from Simon Venture Group and Plug and Play Ventures, be accepted into Plug and Play's Retail Accelerator program in Silicon Valley, receive free office space for a year at a Simon property, mentorship from Simon Plug and Play, and other industry experts, and be eligible for follow-on investments.
Simon Venture Group, which recently celebrated its first anniversary, currently has 18 portfolio companies. Some of these include:
- Augmate, a platform for building enterprise applications for wearable devices, focused on deskless workers, including those in the retail, warehouse, and logistics space.
- Deliv, a same-day and on-demand delivery platform for retail.
- Fashion Project, an online clothing donation platform and a marketplace for buying clothes for up to 90% off.
- Fuhu, creator of the nabi® tablet, the world's first Android tablet built for kids.
- Jifiti, an app and platform for simplifying the gifting process.
- Le Tote, an online clothing rental platform.
- Miner, the "everywhere store," aggregating brands and locations to create a localized ecommerce shopping experience.
- Sensity, an Internet of Things Network that is connected over lighting infrastructure where multiple sensors and apps can be deployed.
- ShopKick, a geo-targeted offers and rewards app.
- Union Station, bridesmaid dresses for rent and groomsmen accessories.
- Ziploop, a mobile smart wallet.
"Simon Venture Group is unique to the industry and underscores our commitment to investing in retail innovation," added Mikael Thygesen, Chief Marketing Officer of Simon.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE: SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual sales. For more information, visit simon.com.