CLEVELAND, Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's IndustryWeek today announced it has inducted six honorees into the 2014 IndustryWeek Manufacturing Hall of Fame, an annual tribute to the most influential executives and thought leaders in manufacturing history. Through the Manufacturing Hall of Fame, IndustryWeek extends recognition to individual leaders in the manufacturing community whose vision, leadership and legacy have beneficially impacted the larger business community and society. The IndustryWeek Manufacturing Hall of Fame is presented by Hewlett-Packard.
This year's IndustryWeek Manufacturing Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Carlos Cardoso - Chairman, President and CEO, Kennemetal Inc.: Cardoso's life story epitomizes the American Dream, and his career has been driven by his fervent advocacy of the U.S. manufacturing industry.
- Carl Deckard - Inventor of Selective Laser Sintering, 3-D Printing: Deckard's invention of selective laser sintering cements his status as one of the founding fathers of 3-D printing.
- Carlos Ghosn - President and CEO, Nissan Motor Co.; Chairman and CEO, Renault Group — The French-Lebanese-Brazilian CEO's resurrection of Renault earned him the colorful alias "Le Cost Killer."
- Andrew Liveris - President, Chairman and CEO, Dow Chemical Co.: Liveris transformed Dow Chemical by changing its focus from commoditization-susceptible chemicals to high-growth specialty products.
- Nick Pinchuk - Chairman and CEO, Snap-on Inc.: The charismatic leader of Snap-on deems manufacturing so central to the country's DNA that he refers to it as the "national calling."
- Steve Wozniak - Co-founder, Apple Computer: "The Wizard of Woz" single-handedly designed the Apple I and Apple II computers.
For more information on the IndustryWeek Manufacturing Hall of Fame, visit: www.industryweek.com
IndustryWeek covers what matters most in leading a successful manufacturing business, identifying and sharing the trends, strategies, technologies and best practices that help manufacturers become more innovative, competitive and profitable. The only media brand with intensive, dedicated coverage of the nearly $2 trillion U.S. manufacturing industry and the supply chains around the globe that feed it, IW has an over 100-year history of honoring leaders in manufacturing operations through distinguished programs such as the IW Best Plants, the IW 50 Best U.S. Manufacturers, the IW US 500, the IW 1000, and the IW Manufacturing Technology Leader of the Year. For more information, please visit www.industryweek.com, or follow at Twitter and Facebook.
Penton drives performance for more than sixteen million professionals each and every day. They rely on us to deliver: Insights, information & workflow tools to inform critical business decisions; networking & community to engage them with industry peers & partners; and data & marketing services to advance their business performance & deliver ROI.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.