ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Madame Tussauds Orlando knows Kung Fu… Panda™. The celebrity wax attraction has rolled out the welcome mat for Po the lovable Panda turned Dragon Warrior from the successful animated movie trilogy Kung Fu Panda™. Po's figure will be on display starting today, the opening day of the theatrical release of Kung Fu Panda 3™.
Some fun facts about the new figure:
- Po's figure weighs 160 pounds
- More than 75 square feet of synthetic black fur and 45 square feet of synthetic white fur were used to create Po's figure
- Po's eyes are 4.5 inches in diameter
- His fist is almost a foot long
- Po's shorts were made from three different types of silk and a jacquard fabric, which were specially dyed to create 10 different color patches in the style of his animated outfit in the films
Madame Tussauds is world-renowned for the creation of detailed and lifelike wax figures that pay homage to A-list celebrities from film and television, sports icons, musicians from all genres, and notable figures from history and pop culture. Each Madame Tussauds figure is truly a work of art, involving teams of professional artists and sculptors who spend months on extensive research and take more than 300 measurements to recreate world-famous icons, to achieve the kind of astonishing realism that has been at the heart of the 250-year Madame Tussauds legacy.
About Madame Tussauds Orlando
Madame Tussauds Orlando is a new interactive wax experience where guests are guided through immersive themed rooms where they can shake hands with the president, get on stage with pop princesses, or get up close and personal with a Hollywood heartthrob and take the ultimate selfie! For more information, visit www.madametussauds.com/orlando.
SOURCE Madame Tussauds Orlando