Skout's "National BFF Day" Survey Reveals That Most People Think They are Better Looking Than Their Best Friend
Jun 04, 2015, 07:15 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, June 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With National BFF Day right around the corner (June 8, 2015), Skout, the leading global platform for meeting new people and expanding your social circle, recently conducted a fun survey that asked thousands of people to share details about their best friends.
Highlights from Skout's National BFF Day survey include:
Most people think they are better looking than their best friend!
- 52% of men and 62% of women think they are more attractive than their best friend.
- 40-somethings have the most self-confidence, with 64% saying they are better looking than their best friend.
Men's best friends are….women!
- Nearly 40% of men surveyed say their best friend is a woman (vs. 35% of men whose best friend is a guy).
- 66% of women say their best friend is a woman (vs. 24% of women whose best friend is a guy).
1 in 5 people met their best friend online.
- 21% of people surveyed say they met their BFF online through an app or social media.
Women are more likely than men to have a best friend.
- 90% of women say they have a BFF, whereas only 75% of men say the same.
Great friendships can endure distance.
- Less than half (47%) of people say they live in the same town as their best friend.
- 24% of people surveyed say their best friend lives "far away."
- 7% saying their best friend lives in a different country!
"People write to us all the time, sharing their stories about special friendships they've developed through the Skout app, so National BFF Day is a natural holiday for us to celebrate," said Christian Wiklund, co-founder and CEO of Skout. "It's especially interesting to us to see that 21% of people say they met their best friend online."
This survey was conducted online in May 2015 among 3,306 Skout users in the United States. To download Skout for iOS or Android, or to sign up online, visit www.skout.com. You can also find Skout on Facebook and Twitter.
Skout is the leading global social platform for meeting new people and expanding your social circle. The Skout community spans more than 180 countries, is available in 14 languages and can be downloaded on iOS, Android and Windows devices. The Andreessen Horowitz backed company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in San Francisco. Visit skout.com to learn more.
Share this article