MANASQUAN, N.J., April 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- For all of the basement reflooring jobs taking place this spring, SMART Carpet and Flooring recommends the ease and beauty of vinyl flooring. Waterproofed and easy-to-install, versatile and beautiful, vinyl innovations have come a long way. SMART Carpet and Flooring maintains an entire line of vinyl flooring options, showcasing samples via their mobile showroom.
There are many reasons why vinyl flooring is probably the best option for a basement job.
- Easy to install: Without the messiness of grout or adhesives often used with tile, some vinyl interlocking planks simply snap into place. Some vinyl planks are installed directly over bare concrete, with no need for a subfloor. This cuts down on labor, in addition to making it much easier to replace a plank later if needed.
- Waterproof/Pet-proof/Kid-proof: Because basements tend to be damp, waterproofing is a necessity. Vinyl is absolutely waterproof, so it can readily resist moisture. And messes are very easy to clean up — even the kinds of spills that pets and children can produce.
- Durable: Vinyl is far more durable than bamboo or cork. Heavy traffic can wear down a floor quickly, but the thicker vinyl planks can handle such traffic with greater ease and grace, retaining its beauty much longer than other flooring options.
- Beautiful: Vinyl comes in literally dozens of designs and colors: from hardwood to textured stone, all in multiple shades. So there is certain to be a vinyl design to suit any décor choice.
COREtec® Vinyl Plank Flooring
There are many vinyl flooring brands to choose from, but SMART Carpet and Flooring recommends COREtec®. COREtec® is one of the original engineers of perfect vinyl flooring that is absolutely 100 percent waterproof, dimensionally stable, and is quieter and warmer than most flooring options. With a guaranteed core that will not warp or buckle, no matter how wet or damp it gets, the COREtec® vinyl planks are created for years of use.
In addition, COREtec® is thick enough to hide subfloor imperfections and can be installed directly over concrete or ceramic, without having to fill in grout lines. COREtec® is available in dozens of designs, including a variety of popular hardwoods and natural stone. Some other features of these vinyl planks include:
- Minimal floor prep needed.
- Reduced noise from heavy foot traffic.
- Resists subfloor mold and mildew.
- Installs in large rooms without need for transition strips.
- A 20mm wear-layer ensures kid-and-pet-proof protection.
Though vinyl planks are engineered to be easy to install, it is always a good idea to seek out a professional to answer any installation or warranty questions.
SMART Carpet and Flooring offers a complete selection of vinyl flooring brands to suit any basement job, in addition to their traditional carpeting options. Home and business owners can choose from literally thousands of carpet, wood, tile or vinyl brands — all from a mobile showroom ready to appear at a customer's convenience.
About SMART Carpeting and Flooring
As the Tri-State area's original shop-at-home flooring provider with deep roots in New Jersey, SMART Carpet and Flooring eliminates the hassle of buying new carpet and flooring by doing everything at the client's home, where color and quality selection matter most. Because the company is a mill-direct buying service and not a store, SMART Carpet and Flooring customers can save up to 50 percent off typical store prices. SMART Carpet and Flooring includes everything from measuring and layout to installation and financing. Learn more at: www.SmartCarpet.com.
SMART Carpet and Flooring
SOURCE SMART Carpet and Flooring