WEST CHESTER, Pa., Sept. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- On November 16, 2011, Philadelphia Mayor, Michael A. Nutter will provide the opening remarks for the upcoming SocialMediaPlus business summit in Philadelphia. Local and nationally-recognized social media experts are among the first wave of speakers announced for this day and a half business focused social media conference. SocialMediaPlus Academy on November 15th and the SocialMediaPlus conference on November 16th at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, are expected to draw more than 1,200 participants from the mid-Atlantic region.
Jason Falls, one of the leading speakers on social media marketing, digital marketing and online communication and Principal of Social Media Explorer will deliver the keynote address on November 16th at the SocialMediaPlus conference. Nationally-recognized social media experts, Christopher Penn, co-founder of PodCamp and host of Marketing Over Coffee and Frank Eliason, formerly Senior Director of Customer Operations at Comcast and currently Senior Vice President of Social Media at Citi are among the leading presenters. Other recognized speakers include:
- Joel Cheesman, founder of Mobsicle and noted expert in the use of social media in Human Resources and Recruiting
- Kip Bodnar, Inbound Marketing Strategist at Hubspot
- Jeffrey Cohen, Social Strategist at Radian6
- Susan Strayer, Senior Director Global Employer Brand and Marketing at Marriott International
- Desiree Peterkin-Bell, Director of Communications for the City of Philadelphia
- Koka Sexton, Social Media Marketing at InsideView, recognized as 2011 Microsoft Dynamics Marketplace Solution Excellence Partner of the Year
- Michael Bird, Chief Revenue Officer of Netprospex
- Wil Reynolds, Founder of Seer Interactive and a world recognized expert in Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization
- Peter Farrell, Director of Brand Development and Strategy for QVC
- Jason Breed, Senior Digital Strategist at Accenture, a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company
- Dan Waldschmidt, Founder of IntroMojo whose blog, The Edge of Explosion, is one of the top sales blogs on the internet
- Steven Johnson, Director of Social Media Programs and Research at Temple University's Fox School of Business
- Ann Marie van den Hurk, Principal at Mind the Gap PR
- Michael Davey, Esq, Chair of the Employment Law Practice at Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloan, Matthews & Auslander
The SocialMediaPlus Academy on November 15th includes workshops by experts such as Nathan Egan, CEO and Co-Founder of Freesource instructing on LinkedIn. The workshop on Facebook is being led by Gunter Pfau and Jed Singer from Stuzo, part of the Dachis Group, the world's largest social business design firm.
Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks, along with a complete schedule of seminars and other events.
The one and a half day SocialMediaPlus summit features four education tracks – Executive and Business Owner, Sales and Business Development, Human Resources and Recruiting and Marketing and Public Relations – and 24 seminars where business owners, executives, vice presidents, directors and managers will learn proven strategies and tactics for utilizing social media and the technology that drives it. The curriculum was planned by a group of leading social media professionals and is endorsed by the Social Media Club of Philadelphia. Planned session topics include:
- All Business, No Hype Take on Social Media Marketing
- How to Measure your Internet Marketing ROI
- Social Media Lead Generation
- Business to Business Social Media
- The Intersection of Search and Social
- Crisis Communications in Today's Real-Time World
- Employment Law Meets Social Media
- Increasing Revenue through Engagement
- Coordinating Social Media Across Your Organization
- Future Trends in Social Media
Along with the education tracks, the event will include the Digital Pavilion, an exposition featuring local, regional and national social media, business, technology, cloud computing, mobile computing, digital marketing organizations whose products and services align with all facets of a company's the social media and digital marketing efforts. Digital Pavilion space and event sponsorships are available. Please visit www.socialmediaplus.com for registration details and updated information.