SAN ANTONIO, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Solar Community has recently completed production and installation on a 20.01kW Solar PV system for the Porsche Dealership of San Antonio at I-10 West near Wurzbach, San Antonio, TX, 78230.
Beginning in early Spring 2012 with the acquisition of the contract with the Porsche Dealership, work quickly commenced to make a truly unique solar photovoltaic system to offset Porsche of San Antonio's energy consumption.
"We are thrilled to have teamed up with Porsche of San Antonio to spread sustainability and clean energy," says Shelby Ruff, VP of Sales. "This project was particularly fun from the scope of the system, to the style of the very interesting building, upcoming LEED status of the building due to green building practices, and everything in between. We've come together to create something great and highly-advanced, and also continue pushing energy sustainability in San Antonio."
The installation of a solar photovoltaic system on the San Antonio Porsche dealership is another step in the corporate model to begin to achieve higher levels of sustainability. Early in 2010 Porsche installed one of the most modern and efficient solar photovoltaic systems in Stuttgart, Germany, generating nearly two million kilowatt hours per year, which is equivalent to the average energy consumption of approximately 500 four-person households. Today, this installation marks one of the first Porsche dealerships to take the solar energy leap towards sustainable energy.
Background of the Project:
The project commenced in early Spring 2012 with a site survey, design, and installation soon after receiving approval by CPS Energy for their Solar Rebate Program. The system was constructed using 87 Schuco 230 watt solar panels, each with a 25-year production warranty. The highly developed Schuco modules used allow for higher efficiency in production, beginning earlier in the morning and ending later in the evening than the standard solar panel. Also included in the Porsche of San Antonio solar PV system are 87 Enphase M-215 Microinverters, each with a 25-year warranty as well. The advanced microinverter technology outfitted in this installation allows for monitoring of the system's production as a whole, as well as the monitoring of each individual panel's production from a variety of sources. Porsche of San Antonio's new solar PV system is grid tied into CPS Energy utility company in San Antonio.
The entire installation culminates in energy production of 20.01 kW for the dealership. Further, the Porsche of San Antonio dealership is now being certified as a LEED GOLD building and our solar PV installation strongly assisted in earning points toward this accreditation.
For more information on Porsche of San Antonio please visit http://www.porscheofsanantonio.com. For more about Solar Community, including our wide variety of home solar solutions, easy solar financing options, our free QuickQuote, unmatched Solar Rewards program for community referrals, and much more, please contact Shelby Ruff, VP of Sales at 210.692.4319 or Shelby@solarcommunity.com or visit http://www.solarcommunity.com/.
About Solar Community
Solar Community is a leading solar integrator and contractor with national coverage and delivery capabilities. We offer a better, simpler way to buy or lease solar energy systems. Solar Community and its 1500 certified installation partners across North America are dedicated to making solar power easy, convenient and affordable for everyone.
- Complete Solar Solutions: Residential solar services including consultation, design, engineering, procurement, installation and monitoring.
- Easy Lease and Finance Solutions: Monthly solar leasing, pre-paid solar leasing, solar finance options and purchase options.
- Complete Line of Solar Products: Full line of energy saving solutions including solar PV systems, solar hot water systems, solar attic fans, solar lighting and electric vehicle (EV) charging stations.
- Virtual Solar Purchase Program: We can provide you a complete quote and proposal without needing a home visit.
- Community Solar Programs: Solar Community was founded on the principal of offering groups or communities discounted solar solutions through our group mass purchase and lease programs.
- Solar Rewards: Solar Community offers the best Solar Rewards program in the industry. We offer from $500-$1000 in cash or green products to both parties for all referrals.
- We Will be Here as Long As Your System is Producing Power: We are backed and supported by ONTILITY, one of the nation's largest solar trainers, solar distributors, and solar solutions and solar services providers.
SOURCE Solar Community