DALLAS, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) and its wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways announced today new nonstop routes as they extend their flight schedules for travel bookings through Jan. 4, 2013, which means Customers can now book for the highly-anticipated holiday travel season! Southwest also announced that it will begin service to Florida's Key West Airport (EYW) on Nov. 4, 2012, assuming all flying from AirTran. Southwest will operate one daily nonstop departure to Tampa Bay (TPA) and one daily nonstop departure to Orlando (MCO). In addition, Southwest will add new service between several markets (details below).
Southwest's new markets include:
- Two daily nonstop flights between Dallas Love Field and Harlingen
- One daily nonstop flight between Denver and Louisville
- Two daily nonstop flights between Houston Hobby and Indianapolis
- One daily nonstop flight between Houston Hobby and Orange County
- One daily nonstop flight between Kansas City and New Orleans
Southwest assumes flying from AirTran:
- One daily nonstop flight between Key West and Orlando
- One daily nonstop flight between Key West and Tampa Bay
- Two daily nonstop flights between Boston Logan and Milwaukee
- One daily nonstop flight between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Milwaukee
- Five daily nonstop flights between Minneapolis-St. Paul and Milwaukee
- One daily nonstop flight between San Francisco and Milwaukee
- One daily nonstop flight between Orlando and Minneapolis-St. Paul
AirTran has also made adjustments to its flight schedule to accommodate seasonal demand to several destinations.
AirTran's seasonal new markets include:
- One daily nonstop flight between Buffalo and Tampa Bay
- One daily nonstop flight between Akron-Canton and Ft. Myers
- One daily nonstop flight between Columbus and Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood
- One daily nonstop flight between Columbus and Tampa Bay
- One daily nonstop flight between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Indianapolis
- One daily nonstop flight between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Philadelphia
- One daily nonstop flight between Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay
- One daily nonstop flight between Rochester and Tampa Bay
- Four weekly nonstop flights between Flint and Ft. Myers
- Four weekly nonstop flights between Grand Rapids and Ft. Myers
"Our Customers have been eagerly awaiting our holiday flight schedules, and we are proud to announce today that we've got the best schedules around," said Bob Jordan, Southwest Airlines Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer and AirTran Airways President. "We made flight adjustments based on holiday demand when we have some of the busiest travel days of the year. We know Customers are looking for the right flights and fares to visit loved ones across the country or take their families to Mexico or the Caribbean—and we've got them!"
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines continues to differentiate itself from other low-fare carriers—offering a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. Southwest Airlines is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded. Southwest serves 73 cities in 38 states and is one of the most honored airlines in the world known for its commitment to the triple bottom line of Performance, People, and Planet. To read more about how Southwest is doing its part to be a good citizen, visit southwest.com/cares to read the Southwest Airlines One Report(TM). Based in Dallas, Southwest currently operates more than 3,300 flights a day and has more than 39,000 Employees systemwide.
About AirTran Airways
AirTran Airways, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co., has been ranked the top airline in the Airline Quality Rating study twice in the past four years. AirTran offers Gogo Inflight Internet Connectivity and coast-to-coast service on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. The airline's low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating and Business Class. To book a flight, visit airtran.com.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines