DALLAS, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines™ (NYSE: LUV) kicked off its continued sponsorship as the Official Airline Partner of "Live In The Vineyard" by reintroducing the official "Live In The Vineyard"-decaled Boeing 737 airplane to its fleet and surprising Customers onboard a flight from Nashville to Kansas City with a live concert performance at 35,000 feet by ZZ Ward. The decaled jet is used as an in-air concert venue to host "Live at 35" performances by Live In The Vineyard musicians leading up to the main event in Napa Valley, which happens April 4-7.
"Surprising Customers with live music in the air is something entirely unexpected," said Linda Rutherford, Southwest Airlines Vice President Communication and Strategic Outreach. "It's a unique way to engage our Customers, leaving them with an experience they're bound to share with their friends and family."
Southwest also shares its LUV for music by providing Customers with the "Live In The Vineyard" Getaway sweepstakes. Customers can visit www.southwest.com/liveinthevineyard between now and March 13, 2013, to enter for a chance to win two roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines; two VIP tickets to "Live In The Vineyard"; an exclusive meet and greet with the Goo Goo Dolls and New Kids on the Block; a three-night hotel stay in Napa, California, April 4-7; and transportation to all VIP events.
"Live In The Vineyard" holds much to anticipate as the three-day event will showcase a series of acoustic performances from some of today's top artists including the Goo Goo Dolls, New Kids on the Block, Alpha Rev, Bronze Radio Return, Gin Wigmore, Matt Hires, The Wild Feathers, Vicci Martinez, Youngblood Hawke, and ZZ Ward. Southwest provides "Live In The Vineyard" contest winners with roundtrip airfare to and from the Bay Area for the event.
"Live In The Vineyard" is thrilled to renew and expand on our incredible partnership with Southwest Airlines, creating more innovative ways to bring music, food, and wine to their Customers," said Live In The Vineyard Cofounders Bobbii Jacobs and Claire Parr. "Southwest's Culture, Customer Service, and commitment to excellence are what attracted us to them. We love the spontaneous ideas that we create to integrate our partner artists, chefs, and winemakers. It's a natural fit."
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 42nd year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by nearly 46,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating passengers boarded, and including wholly-owned subsidiary, AirTran Airways, operates the largest fleet of Boeing aircraft in the world to serve 97 destinations in 41 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and six near-international countries. Southwest is one of the most honored airlines in the world, known for its triple bottom line thinking that takes into account the carrier's performance and productivity, the importance of the People who work there and the communities it serves, and its commitment to efficiency and the Planet. The 2011 Southwest Airlines One Report™ can be found at southwest.com/citizenship.
From its first flights on June 18, 1971, Southwest Airlines launched an era of unprecedented affordability in air travel quantified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as "The Southwest Effect," a lowering of fares and increase in passenger traffic wherever the carrier serves. On every flight, Southwest offers Customers the first two pieces of checked luggage (weight and size limitations apply) and all ticket changes without additional fees. Southwest's all Boeing fleet consistently offers leather seating and the comfort of full-size cabins, many of which are equipped with satellite-based WiFi connectivity and a new, sustainable cabin interior. With 40 consecutive years of profitability, the People of Southwest operate more than 3,200 flights a day and serve communities around 78 airports in Southwest's network of domestic destinations. Southwest Airlines' frequent flights and low fares are available only at southwest.com.
AirTran Airways, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co., offers coast-to-coast and near-international service with close to 600 flights a day to 54 destinations. The carrier's high-quality product includes assigned seating and Business Class. As Southwest continues to integrate AirTran's People, places, and planes into Southwest Airlines, Customers of both carriers may book flights at airtran.com and exchange earned loyalty points between both AirTran's A+ Rewards® and Southwest's Rapid Rewards® for reward travel on either airline.
ABOUT "LIVE IN THE VINEYARD"
"Live In The Vineyard" marries peoples' access to recording artists, top tier wine makers, and world- renowned chefs during an "once-in-a-lifetime" event. The three-day event consists of a series of private and exclusive "winner" only acoustic concerts from some of today's hottest pop superstars and emerging artists (i.e. Jason Mraz, Train, Lenny Kravitz, Daughtry, Sarah McLachlan, etc.), 56 winery partners, and multiple celebrity Napa and nationally known chefs.
These vineyard events take place in the foothills of California's famed wine country – Napa Valley, and include lodging from some of Napa's finest resorts, tours, and private tastings with the most revered vintners, exquisite foods, and intimate concerts unmatched by any other public show. All of our attendees have a chance to meet and talk with our participating artists, chefs, and wineries for a total immersion in music, wine, and food! Dates for 2013 are April 4-7, 2013. For more information, visit www.LiveintheVineyard.com
Southwest Airlines Live In the Vineyard Getaway Sweeps
1. To Enter: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY to enter or win this sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law and in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico. Sweepstakes begins on Monday, February 18, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. C.T. Wednesday, March 13, 2013. To enter without purchase or obligation, complete entry form on http://www.southwest.com/liveinthevineyard. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. C.T., March 13, 2013. All entries become property of Southwest Airlines Co., and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry.
2. Drawing: A random drawing from all eligible entries received to date will be held on or about March 14, 2013. Entrants need not be present to win. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize to consist of a trip for two to the April 4-7, 2013 Live in the Vineyard ("Event") in Napa, California. Grand Prize package includes roundtrip air fare for winner and one (1) guest from the closest major airport to winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines, on published, scheduled service (subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply), to San Francisco International Airport or Oakland International Airport for the Event; two (2) VIP tickets to Live in the Vineyard event in Napa, California on April 4-7, 2013; a three-night stay (double occupancy) at a local Napa hotel; admittance for two to private VIP events at local vineyards; two (2) tickets to Live in the Vineyard concerts at the Uptown Theater, and transportation from the Westin Verasa in Napa, CA to all VIP events. Transportation between the airport and Napa, and food are not included and will be the responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize may not be sold or transferred to a third party and must be accepted as awarded.
Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $2,000.
4. Eligibility Sweepstakes is open to all legal U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States, excluding Rhode Island, 21 years and older as of March 14, 2013. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., AirTran Airways, Inc., their advertising and promotions agencies, any subsidiaries or affiliates and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. This promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential winners only will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within three (3) business days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable or if potential winner is ineligible or is unable to attend the Event , the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing. Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's and winner's guests name, voice, biography, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation. The Grand Prize winner's guest must also be 21 years of age, must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases prior to the issuance of travel documents.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Southwest Airlines Co., nor their affiliated entities, is responsible for printing or typographical errors in any sweepstakes related materials; or transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
This Sweepstakes offer is being made exclusively by the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections or fraud; incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant's ability to participate in this promotion.
Winner and guests assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this sweepstakes or use, misuse or redemption of any prize/offer.
By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify each of Southwest Airlines Co., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages, or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant's participation in the sweepstakes, (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes/offers awarded herein.
7. Winners List: Official rules are available at www.southwest.com/liveinthevineyard. Winner list can be obtained on or after April 8, 2013 by sending a self addressed envelope and request to Southwest Airlines Live in the Vineyard Getaway, 2702 Love Field Drive, HDQ 1PR, Dallas, Texas 75235.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, Texas, 75235-1611.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines