Sep 22, 2021, 09:04 ET
HERSHEY, Pa., September 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --The Sweetest Place on Earth, Hershey, Pa., is the star of the show this Halloween season, bringing extra sweet fun to families nationwide. Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark makes its debut on Food Network Monday, September 27 at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT – but that's not all! As the star of the show and one of the top Halloween destinations, Hershey, Pa. is offering chocolate lovers unique new twists on iconic Hershey treats inspired by the show – for a limited time only!
Officially announced last month by Food Network, Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark is a new four-episode series featuring skilled pastry chefs who enter Hersheypark after dark to create mind-bending chocolate showpieces to compete for a year's supply of Hershey's candy, a Hersheypark vacation and a $10,000 cash prize. Host Sunny Anderson challenges contestants to take chocolate creations to the next level, using Hershey favorites such as Reese's Pieces and TWIZZLERS Twists within Hershey's largest candy store, Chocolate World while riding coasters and completing challenges in Hersheypark. And once the clock runs out, judges Ralph Attanasia and Maneet Chauhan determine which contestant masterfully molded their favorite Hershey treats into a true work of art, crowning a champion at the end of each episode.
"Showcasing the best of what Hershey, Pa. has to offer – from Hershey's Chocolate World to Hersheypark – on Food Network has been a unique special experience that only Hershey can provide. The most exciting part is that people can actually experience their favorite parts of the show in real life, right here in Hershey, Pa.," said Suzanne Jones, Vice President, The Hershey Experience. "Join us this Halloween to have your own "chocolate meltdown," ride rides after dark, trick or treat and most importantly, enjoy your favorite Halloween treats right where they originated."
"Teaming up with Food Network to bring Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark to life in The Sweetest Place on Earth was an absolute treat!" said Vikki Hultquist, General Manager of Hersheypark. "We love that the show will showcase amazing chocolate creations and the unbelievable "only in Hershey" rides and experiences awaiting all those who visit Hershey, Pa., where fun meets chocolate!"
As one of the top Halloween destinations in the country, Hershey, Pa. is offering something for everyone, both on and off the screen! Here are a few things happening at The Sweetest Place on Earth this Halloween season:
Halloween in Hershey, Pa.
- Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey After Dark S'mores & Melted Hot Chocolate: Visit Hershey's Chocolate World attraction for a giveaway1 of an epically crafted s'more and cup of melted hot chocolate - inspired by experiences from the show, for a limited time, beginning Friday, September 24*.
- "Live on Set!" Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark Photo Opportunity: Visit Hershey's Chocolate World attraction and snap your picture behind an exact replica of the set from Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark. Make sure to share it on social with #HersheysAfterDark #Chocolate World.
- Hersheypark In the Dark: Experience your favorite Hersheypark coasters and dozens of family friendly rides this Halloween with special "in the dark" experiences every weekend from October 15 to 31.
- Trick or Treat in Hershey: Enjoy 13 sweet stops along the Trick or Treat Trail that winds from Hershey's Chocolate World to The Boardwalk At Hersheypark. Children 12 and under are invited to visit each stop once for sweet treats - costumes are welcome!
- Reese's Candy Converter: After making a splash in 2018, the Reese's Candy Converter has found its home in Hershey, Pa. Make your peanut butter and chocolate dreams come true this year by "converting" your Halloween candy at Hershey's Chocolate World, every weekend from October 15 to 31.
- Visit Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World online for more information and to find out what else is in store this Halloween!
"Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark combines two of my all-time passions, going to amusement parks and creating art with food," added host, Sunny Anderson. "I cannot wait to share these amazing chocolate displays with viewers, featuring some of the most talented pastry chefs on the planet."
And if you didn't get to try the latest products from Hershey last year, make sure that Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins Snack Size, Reese's Franken-Cup Peanut Butter Cups, KIT KAT® Witch's Brew, Hershey's Kisses Vampire Chocolates, Hershey's Cookies 'N' Creme Fangs are in your candy bag this Halloween season!
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company is headquartered in Hershey, Pa., and is an industry-leading snacks company known for bringing goodness to the world through its iconic brands, remarkable people and enduring commitment to help children succeed. Hershey has approximately 17,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 90 brands around the world that drive more than $8 billion in annual revenues, including such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Kit Kat®, Jolly Rancher, Ice Breakers, SkinnyPop, and Pirate's Booty.
For more than 125 years, Hershey has been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably. Hershey founder, Milton Hershey, created the Milton Hershey School in 1909 and since then the company has focused on helping children succeed.
To learn more visit www.thehersheycompany.com
About Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company is a world-class entertainment and hospitality company dedicated to preserving the legacy of Milton S. Hershey. Founded in 1927 by Milton S. Hershey, HE&R and its subsidiaries own and/or operate the Hersheypark Entertainment Complex, Hersheypark Arena & Stadium, ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, Hershey Bears AHL Hockey Club, GIANT Center arena, The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Hersheypark Camping Resort, The Spa At The Hotel Hershey, MeltSpa by Hershey, Hershey Country Club and Hershey Golf Collection. For additional information about HE&R, visit www.HersheyPA.com.
1* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to visitors at Hershey's Chocolate World attraction. 100 free s'mores will be given out at 11 a.m. ET and 100 free melted hot chocolate will be given out at 3 p.m. ET ("Giveaway Items") every Friday, Saturday & Sunday beginning September 24, 2021 through October 17, 2021. 100 S'mores and 100 melted hot chocolate also to be given out on premiere day of Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark, on Monday, September 27. Visitors to Hershey's Chocolate World attraction who stop by the Chocolate Meltdown: Hershey's After Dark kiosk will be entitled to receive a Giveaway Item, which will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Once Giveaway Items are awarded, no further items will be available. Giveaway Items are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, have no cash value, and may not be combined with any other offers or promotions. Only one Giveaway Item per person. Sponsor: The Hershey Company, 19 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033
SOURCE The Hershey Company
Share this article