LOS ANGELES, Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its Adventures of a Lifetime sweepstakes, Sport Chalet has joined forces with ASICS to give one lucky winner the chance to have a VIP 2015 race week experience in New York City outfitted in the newest ASICS apparel and footwear. The prize also includes world-class training by acclaimed ASICS coach Andrew Kastor and an expert-designed, 16-week training plan.
Sport Chalet's Adventures of a Lifetime sweepstakes are live now through Nov. 9 and were developed to encourage athletes to pursue the sports they love in a thrilling way while being outfitted with the best gear and training made available by some of the world's top brands and athletes. In addition to the ASICS adventure, the campaign also includes adventures for hikers, scuba divers, cyclists, snowboarders and CrossFit enthusiasts. Athletes can enter the sweepstakes in-store, online at www.sportchalet.com/adventures or by mail. Action Pass members will be automatically entered with qualifying purchases.
"Whether running a few miles on the treadmill or finishing a marathon, Sport Chalet believes that every runner should have the opportunity to pursue their passions with the right training, the right gear and the knowledge to perform it in an exceptional way," said Sport Chalet Expert Robert Follett. "At Sport Chalet, we deliver on all of these levels and are committed to making sure all of our athletes excel in the sport of their choice."
No matter the experience level, Sport Chalet recommends the following ASICS tips and products to get runners ready to hit the pavement and churn out some miles.
- Keep running feet happy. Make running any distance less daunting with the men's and women's ASICS Gel Nimbus 16 Running Shoe. This shoe helps runners float through the miles with its innovative GEL® cushioning and customized fit.
- Be sleek and stylish. For flattering and form-fitting running pants, the ASICS Women's PR Capri includes a contoured flat front waistband, breathable power stretch inserts and a zipped pocket for easy storage.
- Run with color. Fly past fellow runners with the quick-dry ASICS Fit-Sana Rib Tank, which includes reflective elements as well as a back infinity design for style. For enhanced comfort, the ASICS Abby Short is made with vibrant-looking, soft polyester and spandex fabric.
- Get maximum support. Look and feel good mile after mile in the Women's ASICS Cross Back Bra. The fully-lined interior, stay-put band and customizable fit gives runners an enhanced shape and total run comfort.
- Avoid unwanted friction. Miles of constant motion can cause friction that irritates the skin. The Men's ASICS FujiTrail 2-N-1 Short provides a seamless inner lining that acts as a barrier to prevent chafing and a stylish outer lining made of lightweight, breathable stretch microfiber for great mobility.
- Warm up. Sometimes a shirt and shorts aren't enough for the cool, early morning runs. The ASICS Men's Fujitrail Hoodie is made with flexible fabric for easy motion, 360-degree reflectivity for safety and pockets and rubber grippers for secure storage.
To explore more ASICS gear or to find a nearby Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com. To learn more about the ASICS sweepstake, visit the Adventures of a Lifetime entry page, and for media inquiries, contact [email protected].
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet