LOS ANGELES, Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether traversing a nearby trail or trekking mountainous terrain, Sport Chalet encourages outdoor enthusiasts to participate in Take a Hike Day on Nov. 17. The premier specialty sporting goods retailer offers gear and apparel to equip hikers on their outings, where ever they may decide to take a hike.
"Reaching the top of a peak or the end of a trail can be both exhilarating and accomplishing for hikers of all ages and ability levels," says Sport Chalet Expert Chris Burston. "At Sport Chalet, we encourage athletes to have fun while safely exploring the outdoors with the proper equipment and apparel. Being prepared will help hikers safely meet their hiking goals while living out their passions for the trail."
To help trekkers prepare for Take a Hike Day, Burston recommends the following gear and apparel:
- Refill on-the-go. Hydration is a key element during any outdoor activity, whether in hot or cold weather. With the Aquamira Water Capsule Bottle and Filter, hikers can stay hydrated without packing gallons of water. The bottle's built-in filter removes 99.9 percent of harmful pathogens allowing explorers to refill and drink up at any water source.
- Light the way. For hikers who find themselves in harsh or dark conditions, the Black Diamond Storm Headlamp is essential. With a waterproof build and PowerTap Technology that allows wearers to adjust lighting from dim to bright with ease, this headlamp is perfect for traversing mountainous terrain in any weather.
- Heat things up. Fall conditions can sometimes be unpredictable even in warmer climates; as the sun fades, so does the warmer air. Ensure safety and warmth with the lightweight and compact Adventure Medical Kits SOL Survival Blanket, which reflects 90 percent of body heat.
- Trek off the beaten path. Feel free to explore uncharted territory while wearing the Sportline Sync GPS Watch available for men and women. The high-tech watch not only offers speed and distance tracking but also transmits GPS mapping, routing and elevation information directly to a smartphone via Bluetooth.
- Layer it on thick. Layering is a necessity for outdoor activities, especially in cooler weather. Be sure to choose a waterproof, lightweight and breathable jacket like The North Face Women's Venture Jacket or Mountain Hardwear Men's Plasmic Jacket to act as a shell while keeping clothing dry.
- March with ease. Spending an entire day hiking can be tough on the feet. Experience maximum comfort with a boot made using the highest level of craftsmanship such as the Zamberlan Vioz GT Hiking Boot available for men and women. Handmade in Italy, these boots are made to last a lifetime.
To explore Sport Chalet's selection of hiking gear or to take a look at its online community for outdoor enthusiasts, visit Sport Chalet's hiking and backpacking page. For media inquiries, contact [email protected] and to find a nearby Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet