LOS ANGELES, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The end of Daylight Saving Time begins on Nov. 2 and with the sun setting earlier, Sport Chalet offers a variety of gear to assist athletes with their after-dark workouts. The premier specialty sporting goods retailer aims to keep athletes safe in the upcoming winter evenings without compromising their workout regimens.
"Just because the days are cut short doesn't mean workouts have to be. Here at Sport Chalet, we believe that outside conditions should never be a barrier to achieving the best training possible," says Sport Chalet Expert Aaron Dunn. "Safety is a top priority to us, which is why we offer a variety of products to increase the visibility of our athletes at night and keep them performing all year round."
From cycling adventures at dusk to late-night runs around the neighborhood, Sport Chalet offers the following gear to help athletes stay safe during their evening workouts:
- Reflect through the night. Stay visible from up to 1,200 feet away by donning the ultra-lightweight Streak Reflective Vest. With breathable mesh for full-range motion and 400 candlepower reflectivity, the vest is perfect for runners who want to stay safe without feeling weighed down.
- Stand out in eye-catching apparel. No sun? No problem. The ultra-soft and anti-odor Under Armour Men's Tech SS Tee comes in bright yellow for increased visibility at night. As the temperature begins to drop, throw on the Brooks Women's Nightlife LS Top to stay warm and detectable. The pullover features soft, four-way stretch fabric and reflective elements to help push the limits as the days get shorter.
- Cycle safely at any hour. Gear up any bike for night rides with the super bright Cygolite Metro 360 Hotshot Cycling Combo, complete with a 360 lumen output headlight, and a Hotshot tail light. The lights contain USB rechargeable Li-ion batteries so evening rides can continue late into the winter months.
- Amp up the intensity and be seen. Add extra resistance to post-dinner walks around the neighborhood with the 2lb Empower Safety Walking Weights. The weights have comfortable mesh handles equipped with push-button LED lights to tone arms and boost visibility. Crank up the tunes and energy level of workouts by strapping on the Nike Women's Diamond Arm Band. The water-resistant band has a reflective swoosh logo and is compatible with any iPhone 5.
- Create the light. Whether hiking a mountain trail at dusk or cycling through the countryside late into the night, the Black Diamond Revolt Headlamp is the perfect attribute for working out in rural areas without street lights.
- Accessorize the smart way. Perfect for any type of after-dark training, the lightweight Nathan Reflective Belt is the easiest way to remain detectable once the sun goes down. Complete with a small pack to place identification cards and a cellphone in case of emergencies, the waist belt is the ideal companion for any nighttime adventure.
For additional information on Sport Chalet's selection of after-dark workout gear or to find the nearest Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com. For additional media inquiries, contact [email protected].
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sport-chalet-helps-athletes-light-the-way-through-after-dark-workouts-830545430.html
SOURCE Sport Chalet