LOS ANGELES, Aug. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SPOT today launched its free mobile app that lets users easily find, join, or create events in their area to meet new people with similar interests. SPOT is the simplest and fastest way to connect with new friends in-person through events around shared hobbies, sports interests, or community and singles events. SPOT is available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
"SPOT is a fun and easy tool to connect with people right outside your phone. You can sign in and create or join events in less than a minute," said Oren Peli, CEO and co-founder of SPOT. "Whether you're looking for a tennis partner, a book club, a volunteer opportunity, or a group of singles to go hiking with, SPOT offers a way to meet new people and get to know one another in an accessible way."
SPOT was founded in 2016 by Oren Peli and Oren Zbeda. Peli began his career as a software programmer, using his skills to create animation programs and video game software, and then transitioned into film making. Paranormal Activity, which Peli wrote, directed and produced, was his first film. Since then, he produced the hit sequels Paranormal Activity 2, 3, and 4, The Marked Ones, and The Ghost Dimension. The Paranormal Activity franchise is one of the highest-grossing horror film franchises of all time.
The idea for SPOT came to Peli when he was newly single and looking to connect with new friends. He couldn't find a service that was simple to use or offered a low-pressure way to meet new people in a group setting. He created SPOT as a way to easily connect people through activities that they enjoy and bring people together in the real world.
With SPOT, there is no requirement to subscribe to a group or enter your personal interests, there is no fee to create a group or significant time commitment required to moderate a group.
The key features of the SPOT app include:
- Discover Events: The SPOT home page provides a map view and list of social events taking place in your area. Simply search for events by typing a keyword, by categories including sports, hobbies, community and singles, by location, gender, age range, or date range and click on an event to join it.
- Create Events: Easily create your own event by including a description, type of event, location, photo and date and time information. Users can create public events to meet new friends, or private events visible only to friends you invite.
- Chat: SPOT provides in-app messaging so users can share more details about the event by chatting one-on-one or via group chat.
- Share and Invite Friends: Share your event or other interesting SPOT events on Facebook and Twitter or invite friends via SMS and email.
- Notifications: Users will receive a notification of an event posted in their area or if someone they have interacted with on SPOT posts an event.
For more information and to see a video demo of SPOT, visit www.spotapp.io.
SPOT is a free mobile app that lets users easily find, join, or create events in their area to meet new people with similar interests. SPOT is the simplest and fastest way to connect with new friends in person through events around hobbies, sports, community and singles events.
The company is based in Los Angeles.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spot-launches-social-event-discovery-and-sharing-app-300498129.html