SAINT JOHN, Ind., Sept. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Spotselfie™ (http://www.spotselfieapp.com/) entered the social media rat race making some bold claims, but is fully prepared to back them up with research and experience. Initial data already suggests that incoming college students are looking for much more out of traditional social media than what is currently offered: students want live, in-person interaction with new friends and classmates. Spotselfie™ delivers exactly that.
Incoming college students go through big changes as they reshape their entire social circle. They want social apps uniquely tailored to their needs, separate from current generalized platforms. Spotselfie™ is targeted for each campus, addressing specific college student bodies within the individual university settings. College students now have their own social media app that includes patent-pending augmented reality (AR) technology developed just for social interactions.
Some of the major hallmarks of the Spotselfie™ app include:
- Augmented Reality — Students drop GPS located pictures and videos on the spot as their story unfolds (dorm, party, football game). Other students using the app can view posted content in AR as they walk through the campus. This promotes social engagement in the real world as well as the digital world.
- My Color Code™ — Students answer 16 fun questions based on their personality, social and physical traits, as well as activities. They then search, share and compare codes.
- Billboard — Profile pictures follow students around on campus 24/7. Pictures float above users' heads and other users can tap on them to learn more.
- Groups — Create public or private groups, manage, invite, join and post content — a personalized and private social network.
- Buzz Feed — Students follow the buzz in a typical scroll-able list of campus-life postings, eliminating their fears of missing out on activities.
- Campus Surf — Students can find friends at other universities in a safe college-to-college connection.
In direct comparisons with other social media applications, Spotselfie™ outperforms them all. Especially in the following areas:
- Exclusive Access (Privacy and Security): This has become critically important lately, with privacy violations from other platforms flooding the news. Only students on campuses are allowed to participate on Spotselfie™. No parents, other non-college family, or the general public are permitted.
- Organic Meetings: Interactions are guided so they happen in a natural way. Students make friends faster and more effectively.
- Meeting Previews: Students get to interact digitally before meeting in person.
- AR Specific Enhancement: Students actually place digital content on campus for others to find and interact with, digitally enhancing their lives.
- Profiles: Far more in-depth and layered. Students get an accurate snap shot; those with similar interests meet far more quickly.
"In a quest for profit above all else, the big three social media platforms have ignored a very important demographic group. We did not. College students need customized social interaction, and they want their digital media. We've found a way to give them both, with no ads and no unnecessary data sharing," said Director of Development, Ray Shingler.
About Flying Eye Reality, Inc.
Flying Eye Reality is a software development company that utilizes the innovative power of its patent-pending augmented-reality social interaction software. Flying Eye Reality's flagship app, Spotselfie™, is poised to redefine social networking on college campuses throughout the United States. Learn more at: http://www.spotselfieapp.com/.
Ray Shingler, Director of Development
Phone: 219 309-7048
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Flying Eye Reality, Inc.