AUSTIN, Texas, March 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- It's time for spring cleaning, but according to leading nontoxic household cleaning products company Lemi Shine, many people may be missing the dirtiest spots in their house.
According to the Austin, Texas-based company, which makes innovative, affordable, safe household cleaning products powered by 100 percent natural citric extracts and no harsh chemicals, these are the top five cleaning fails:
- Appliances: The insides of the dishwasher and the washing machine see a lot of dirt and germs – but people rarely clean the appliances themselves. Lemi Shine's Appliance Cleaners for laundry and kitchen handle the problem with powerful citrus extracts.
- Knobs, handles and faucets: Clean them once, but they'll be dirty again as soon as they're used again – probably about two minutes later. Lemi Shine's new Everyday Cleaner with GunkGuard™ features a natural polymer that creates an invisible protective layer that actually prevents buildup for a long-lasting clean, plus citrus extracts that add polish and shine.
- Toothbrush holders: These can collect high levels of bacteria over time. Hot water and a few drops of Lemi Shine Concentrated Dish Soap are strong enough to tackle the area with no harsh chemical residue that can be transferred to brushes.
- Laundry hamper liner: All the funk that's on laundry – especially that workout wear with wicking technology that makes clothing retain sweat – is on the oft-overlooked hamper too. Lemi Shine's new Laundry Booster with FunkGuard™ not only removes the odor, but also prevents it between washings.
- Sponges: When used in tandem with the heat dry cycle, the top rack of the dishwasher is ideal for sanitizing dirty sponges. Lemi Shine's safe, powerful dual-chamber Dishwashing Detergent pods have no toxic chemicals that could soak in and spread throughout your house every time you clean.
"For many people, clean means not only germ-free and shining, but also no harsh chemicals or chemical residues – especially on surfaces that come in contact with food or skin," said Lemi Shine CEO Curtis Eggemeyer. "Our Lemi Shine products are designed for clean freaks who don't want to choose between effective cleaning and expensive natural cleaners. We deliver a powerful, safe clean with affordable products for every room in the house."
Lemi Shine's line of nontoxic household cleaning products, including kitchen and bathroom cleaners, appliance cleaners, detergent boosters and more, can be purchased at grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide or online at Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot and Kmart.
About Lemi Shine:
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Lemi Shine is a family-owned household cleaning products company that provides a Clean Freak-approved clean for the home without harsh chemicals. Established in 1994 with the original Lemi Shine Detergent Booster, the company has since invented additional category-changing products such as a multi-use machine cleaner, hard water rinse aid and spot- and stain-resistant surface cleaner, all powered by natural citric extracts. More information can be found at www.lemishine.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
SOURCE Lemi Shine