HOUSTON, March 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Daylight saving time begins Sunday, March 11, which means the days will grow longer and the weather will turn warmer. Once spring has sprung, homeowners will embrace the new season by conducting annual spring cleaning. Clearing out clutter from closets and garages saves space at home, but homeowners often overlook the opportunity to de-clutter their electricity bills to save money.
As the clocks spring forward, the professionals at Mister Sparky® are helping homeowners spring into savings by sharing energy-efficient tips that will help lower electricity bills.
Use natural lighting to brighten your home.
- Install window treatments that allow you to use natural light and reduce heat loss and gain. These treatments add a decorative touch to your home while reducing energy costs.
- Turn off the lights and open the blinds to lighten up your home during the day. Turning off artificial lights conserves energy.
Find alternative ways to cool off.
- Open the windows to create a natural cross-wise breeze that cools your home without turning on the air conditioner. This is recommended when the temperature outside is mild.
- Reverse your ceiling fans to spin counter-clockwise to save up to 10% on your bills. As a result, you can raise your thermostat four degrees.
Make an appointment with an electrician.
- Consult a professional who will do a comprehensive audit of your home using special tools that measure home energy efficiency. These professionals provide assistance to help reduce energy costs.
For more details, visit MisterSparky.com to find licensed electricians in your area. We're happy to answer any questions you have regarding conserving energy with your electrical system and appliances this spring.
About Mister Sparky®
Mister Sparky® electric has an impeccable record for delivering fast, on-time service, accurate upfront pricing, and an overall pleasant experience for customers. We differentiate ourselves from all other electrical companies by our unique message to the marketplace: Mister Sparky – America's On-Time Electrician®, We're On Time, You'll See, Or The Repair Is Free!®. We have trademarked "on-time" in the electrical industry and we champion it in the marketplace. Mister Sparky is part of the Direct Energy family of brands. Franchised locations are independently owned and operated businesses.
©2018 Clockwork IP, LLC
About Direct Energy
Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with nearly four million customers. Direct Energy gives customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE :CNA ), an international energy and services company, Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 4 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
©2018 Clockwork IP, LLC
SOURCE Mister Sparky