WASHINGTON, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The S&R Foundation is pleased to announce the critically acclaimed 2014 Overtures Spring Concert Series. Guests will enjoy nine intimate performances by international musicians, complimentary on-site valet parking and refreshments at the historic Evermay estate.
WHEN: March 11 through May 2, 2014
Doors open an hour before all performances begin.
WHERE: Evermay Estate
1623 28th Street NW
WHO: Overtures is a unique concert series that presents award-winning, world-class performing artists who are emerging in their musical careers.
The schedule for the 2014 Overtures Spring Concert Series is as follows:
- March 11 | 7:30 p.m. – Sayaka Shoji, Violin
- March 14 | 6:30 p.m. – Sonic Escape, Trio
- March 15 | 6:30 p.m. – Sonic Escape, Trio
- March 28 | 6:30 p.m. – Elijah Jamal Balbed, Sax, Trumpet, Piano, Bass & Drums
- April 3 | 7:30 p.m. – Naoko Takada, Marimba
- April 4 | 6:30 p.m. – Mihai Marica & Ryo Yanagitani Duo, Cello & Piano
- April 17 | 7:30 p.m. – Trio+, Trio
- April 25 | 6:30 p.m. – Annie Rosen & Ryo Yanagitani Duo, Mezzo-soprano & Piano
- May 2 | 6:30 p.m. – Tamaki Kawakubo, Violin
SPONSORS: Sponsorship opportunities are available for Overtures, as well as other Foundation initiatives that support emerging artists and scientists. For additional details, please visit: http://overturesseries.org/support/sponsorship
TICKETS: There are a limited number of tickets available, which are expected to sell out quickly. Please visit http://overturesseries.org/ for additional performance details and to purchase tickets.
CONNECT: For more information about Overtures, visit www.OverturesSeries.org
Follow us on Twitter @SandRFoundation and Tweet about Overtures using the hashtag #Overtures
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SandRFoundation
About S&R Foundation
The S&R Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created in 2000 to support talented individuals with great potential and high aspirations in the sciences and arts, especially those who are furthering international cultural collaboration. Our goals are simple, yet bold: to create, support and facilitate initiatives that encourage scientific and artistic innovation, and promote cultural and personal growth. For more information, visit www.sandrfoundation.org.
SOURCE S&R Foundation