TRUE BLUE, Grenada, May 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- St. George's University ("SGU") today announced it has committed significant capital to new initiatives that will enhance its campus infrastructure in Grenada, enhance the University's knowledge creation capabilities, and add to the University's world-class education programs and student support services. The new projects underway include:
- Continuing the upgrading of student housing with a new student dormitory;
- A new state-of-the-art athletic center for students and faculty;
- Broadening the scope of SGU's unique City Doctors Scholarship program for local and international students who commit to providing primary care in underserved areas;
- Adding professional development programs for veterinary and medical students;
- Enhancing the University's research framework and capabilities;
- Expanding international development and student recruitment activities; and
- Continuing to attract additional new professors to add to our talented faculty.
Dr. G. Richard Olds, President and CEO of St. George's University, said, "These new initiatives demonstrate our commitment to regularly investing in the services that students and faculty need to succeed. Also, by expanding our scholarships program, we are enhancing access to our world-class education programs for students who might not otherwise have such an opportunity. We are very pleased that we are continuing to attract bright, motivated students and teachers and that together we are helping alleviate the acute shortages of primary care doctors in the United States and elsewhere."
About St. George's University:
St. George's University is a center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies, to its programs in medicine, veterinary medicine, public health, science, and business. St. George's is affiliated with educational institutions worldwide, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Ireland. The University's over 15,000 graduates include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world. The University programs are accredited and approved by many governing authorities and repeatedly recognized as the best in the region. For more information, visit www.sgu.edu.
631-665-8500 ext. 1396
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/st-georges-announces-new-investments-to-enhance-campus-infrastructure-and-student-services-300275824.html
SOURCE St. George's University