PLYMOUTH, Mich., Jan. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- What started as a crusade has become a war of retribution. Your civilization has uncovered powerful artifacts, discovered how to construct hypergates, encountered two new major civilizations, and much more in this exciting expansion to the award-winning space 4X game.
"We're really excited to be continuing to expand the story and features of Galactic Civilizations III," said Stardock CEO Brad Wardell. "With Retribution, our goal is to increase the strategic depth of gameplay through new modes of fast travel and the use of abilities provided by Precursor artifacts."
Across the galaxy, ancient alien artifacts are being discovered, giving civilizations powerful new capabilities. Meanwhile, as civilizations try to carefully balance building an economy, funding an ever growing war machine, and engaging in diplomacy, the humans of Sol III have invented a game-changing new technology - Hypergates - which, when connected, allow for rapid transit across the galaxy.
The new features in Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution include:
- Artifacts - Powerful items buried on planets across the galaxy will give your civilization instant-access to new abilities.
- Hypergates - Construct powerful gateways that, when linked, allow your fleets to travel rapidly across hyperspace.
- Major Civilizations: Drath and Korath - The manipulative Drath pull the strings across the galaxy while the Korath rely on extermination. Each has its own set of special abilities, bonuses, and ship parts.
- Cargo ships - Cargo ships can be constructed to deliver goods to your other planets to aid in their development.
- New Technology Tree - A major overhaul of the technology tree adds depth and sharpens the strategic choices in your research options.
- Retribution Campaign - The malevolent Drengin Empire made a terrible mistake underestimating humanity's willingness to use violence.
About Stardock: Stardock is a developer and publisher of games and desktop software founded in 1991 by nationally recognized technology expert Brad Wardell. Its games include Sins of a Solar Empire, Offworld Trading Company, Galactic Civilizations and Ashes of the Singularity.