IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- StorageDNA, Inc. today announced version 2.1 of its LTO-5 LTFS archive and retrieval workflow product, DNA Evolution™. The company is adding feature enhancements for an improved user experience, more detailed error reporting, expanded support for integrations, and superior usability for workflows. StorageDNA will demonstrate DNA Evolution 2.1 in September at the IBC 2012 trade show in Amsterdam.
Building on DNA Evolution version 2.0, released in the second quarter of 2012, with improved media asset management, a Thunderbolt™ field solution, digital camera master archiving, and integration support for Avid® Interplay® and CatDV, version 2.1 features include:
- Streamlined user interface with improvements for ease of use
- "Do more in less clicks" functionality when performing the most common steps
- Breakout user interface shareable by simply sending a URL link
- Enhanced error reporting and troubleshooting for faster resolutions
- Usability boost for many workflows:
- General LTO archive and restore
- Digital camera master LTO archive in the field
- AAF/XML-based LTO archive and restore for Avid®, Final Cut Pro®, Adobe®
- Conform to LTO
- Disaster recovery and snapshots
- Integration support for custom metadata and Automatic Duck's Media Copy
- Web-driven LTFS tape duplication feature that will make a mirror copy of an existing tape for disaster recovery
"Innovation and the development of advanced technologies are the backbone of our company," says Tridib Chakravarty, president and CEO of StorageDNA. "We have added the new feature enhancements to version 2.1 as a direct result of feedback from our community of resellers, partners and customers. Our focus is on solving the challenges of media professionals and helping them to streamline the file-based workflow specific to their production or post environment."
DNA Evolution 2.1 will be available early in the fourth quarter of 2012 as a free upgrade for existing customers with a support contract.
About StorageDNA, Inc.
StorageDNA creates reliable LTO LTFS archive and retrieval workflow solutions that optimize the management and delivery of file-based digital media. Our cost-effective solutions allow you to easily archive, find, restore, distribute and share your digital assets at amazing speeds! StorageDNA's solutions power some of the most complex and critical workflows for customers worldwide ranging from film studios and television production companies to government agencies, corporate and religious organizations. Learn more at http://www.storagedna.com.
Rebecca Adler Greenwell
Director of Marketing
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE StorageDNA, Inc.