WASHINGTON, Nov. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Barely a third (35%) of social media marketers hire external expertise to develop a social media strategy, even though strategy development is their biggest challenge, according to a survey conducted by Clutch, a leading B2B ratings and reviews firm. The 65% of companies that have not worked with a social media marketing agency or consultant struggle with developing a social media strategy more than those that have hired outside expertise.
"Agencies aren't cheap, but many businesses don't realize that they are often far less expensive than an in-house social media option done well," said Steve Pearson, CEO of Friendemic.
Industry experts point out that social media marketing agencies can be quite valuable to enterprise marketers when it comes to crafting a customized social media strategy.
"Business owners and marketing teams have a lot on their plates, and social isn't always a priority. An agency can help develop a strategy faster," said Marty McDonald, co-founder and CEO of Bad Rhino, Inc.
Clutch has identified 14 leading social media marketing agencies that businesses can access to enhance their social media strategy: Friendemic, Project Bionic, Viral In Nature, LYFE Marketing, Jones Social & PR, Social Vantage, SociallyIn, Bad Rhino Inc., True Voice Media, Appency, Single Grain, EMSI Public Relations, Speakeasy, and App Promo.
"Working with a social media specific agency lends more confidence that they are experienced in the social media aspect of digital marketing," said Sean Standberry, CEO of LYFE Marketing. "In comparison, some digital marketing agencies may be weak in the social media department because they focus on other areas, like SEO, SEM, and email."
The agencies were selected following an in-depth evaluation by Clutch analysts. The process included an assessment of the following factors:
- Client Interviews - to learn how each agency approaches challenges, communicates with customers, and delivers customized insights
- Market Presence - to determine each agency's reputation and authority in the industry
- Level of Experience - to validate evidence of past work on complex social media marketing campaigns
- Audience Awareness - an understanding of your company's target audience – the platforms they use and content they find most engaging
- Measurable Strategy - an ability to create a plan that aligns with your company's goals
- Specialized Skills - expertise in the areas where your company needs assistance – strategy development, training, content creation, reputation management, or brand building
Clutch's research in social media marketing is ongoing, and the ratings firm encourages interested companies to apply in order to get listed and be included in future business guides.
Clutch's guide to choosing a social media marketing agency, including agency reviews and survey data, can be found at: https://clutch.co/agencies/social-media-marketing.
A B2B ratings and reviews firm in the heart of Washington, DC, Clutch connects you with the agencies and software solutions that can help you enhance your business and meet your goals. Our methodology maps agencies and software solutions based on consumer reviews, the type of services offered, and quality of work.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/strategy-development-is-biggest-pain-point-for-social-media-marketers-but-few-use-outside-expertise-to-ease-the-process-according-to-recent-survey-300356672.html