SAN FRANCISCO, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- StumbleUpon, one of the world's largest discovery and distribution platforms, announced the global rollout of its new app for Android phones and tablets today. The app, highlighted by the new Activity Center, is faster, simpler and the most community-focused StumbleUpon experience to-date.
"We've overhauled the user experience and packed the new StumbleUpon for Android with more features for our community to make discovering content even easier and more social," said Amol Sogal, StumbleUpon's Sr. Mobile Product Manager. "We continue to prioritize and invest in mobile to ensure that Stumbling is fast, fun, and easy-to-use on phones and tablets."
What's New on StumbleUpon for Android?
- Activity Center: View shares and follower notifications in the new Activity Center.
- New Navigation Menu: One tap access to your likes, lists, interests and followers.
- Better Browsing: Browse links within Stumbles and use the soft back key to seamlessly return to your original Stumble.
- Sharing via SMS: Share your favorite discoveries instantly via SMS messaging.
- Add to List: In two taps you can add to a list with our quick menu.
- Discover Lists: Find trending, new and recommended lists with an easy-to-use tabbed layout.
Later this summer, StumbleUpon is set to roll out new mobile experiences for iOS and 5by, StumbleUpon's Webby Award-winning mobile video platform.
StumbleUpon is the easiest way to discover new and interesting things from across the web. More than 36 million people turn to StumbleUpon to be informed, entertained and surprised by content and information recommended just for them. More than 120,000 brands, publishers and marketers use StumbleUpon's Paid Discovery platform to tell their stories and promote their products and services. Explore more at www.stumbleupon.com.
5by is the easiest and fastest way to find, watch and share the best videos from across the web. With 5by, it's possible to never search for videos again - high-quality video playlists are curated to your tastes based on mood and ratings. 5by mobile apps are available worldwide in the App Store and on Google Play.