MADISON, Wis., Sept. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove, the industry leaders in premium refrigeration, cooking equipment and dishwashing, announce the return of the Kitchen Design Contest, recognizing premier design professionals across the globe for their stunning, innovative kitchen designs.
"The impact the Kitchen Design Contest leaves not only on the participants but the industry as a whole is significant," said Jim Bakke, president and CEO of Sub-Zero Group, Inc. "The contest inspires new ideas within the industry and serves as a platform on which design professionals can expand their connections and gain international recognition for their work."
For previous winners, the Kitchen Design Contest has served as a platform for building their networks and growing their businesses:
- "It's a fantastic affirmation for us as designers and architects, but it's also great for our clients. They've been very supportive, and they'll be excited for us because they've come along for the ride as well. This award gives us the confidence to design on a high level and to try and work as hard as we can to make every job we do better than the one before." – Fergus Scott of Fergus Scott Architects (Sydney, Australia), First Place Contemporary Kitchen Winner, 2015-2016 Kitchen Design Contest
- "The awards establish credibility. In some respects, this is probably the Academy Awards of kitchen design. We are always looking for ways in which to expand the outreach of the business, and this is certainly one of those." – David Heide of David Heide Design Studio (Minneapolis, Minnesota), First Place Traditional Kitchen Winner, 2015-2016 Kitchen Design Contest
Contest entries are evaluated by a panel of seven esteemed judges. Each judge is a leader in the industry from disciplines including architecture, interior design and kitchen design. All demonstrate passion for good design and dedication to the design community, and all are previous Kitchen Design Contest winners.
This year's panel includes four returning Kitchen Design Contest judges:
- Cristina Menezes of Arquitetura e Decoração LTDA (Brazil)
- Davy Swanenberg of Culimaat High End Kitchens (Netherlands)
- Stacy Eisenmann of Eisenmann Architecture (Albany, California)
- Sandra Agurto of Cabinetry Creations, Inc. (Orlando, Florida)
Three newcomers join the judging panel:
- Jean Stoffer of Jean Stoffer Design (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
- Mark Stumer of Mojo Stumer Associates (Greenvale, New York)
- Martin de Sousa of deSousa Design (Toronto, Canada)
The judges will review each design and hand-select the top entries from around the world in spring 2019. Twenty-nine finalists and one student winner will receive a cash prize and trip for two to attend the Winners' Summit & Gala in fall 2019, where the global contest winners will be announced and the most combined prize dollars in the contest's history will be awarded. The exclusive Summit & Gala location will be revealed later this fall.
Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove will award cash prizes to first, second and – new this year – third place winners in each of the contemporary, transitional and traditional design categories. One first-time entrant, outdoor kitchen, small spaces kitchen and newly introduced "beyond the kitchen" category winner each will also receive cash prizes. Examples of qualifying "beyond the kitchen" spaces include pool house, bathroom, media room, home office, wine cellar and bar designs.
The Kitchen Design Contest will accept entries through Jan. 31, 2019. Free and simple to enter, the contest is accessible online at subzero-wolf.com/contest. Each entry typically takes 30 minutes or less to submit. Eligibility for the contest requires that all design and construction be fully completed within the contest period of Jan. 1, 2017, through Dec. 31, 2018.
Indoor kitchen designs must include at least one full-size Sub-Zero refrigeration unit or two or more undercounter units, and no full-size competitive refrigeration units. They must also include at least one Wolf cooking appliance as a primary food preparation unit. Ranges, rangetops, ovens, cooktops, and two or more modules meet this requirement.
Outdoor kitchen designs must include at least one Wolf grill and one Sub-Zero refrigeration unit.
Both indoor and outdoor designs require submission of a floor plan and elevation or perspective drawings, and a minimum of three color photographs of the completed design. See the official eligibility requirements at subzero-wolf.com/official-rules.
Since its inception in 1993, the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Kitchen Design Contest has become a coveted win in the professional home design category. It recognizes kitchen designers, architects, interior designers, builders, remodelers, landscape architects and landscape designers for advancing outstanding kitchen design.
For more information or to enter the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Kitchen Design Contest, visit subzero-wolf.com/contest.
About Sub-Zero Group, Inc.
Sub-Zero Group, Inc., headquartered in Madison, Wis., manufactures best-in-class appliance brands Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove. Founded in 1945, Sub-Zero, Inc. is the leading American-based manufacturer of refrigeration, freezer and wine storage products. Sub-Zero, the preservation specialist, pioneered the concept of dual refrigeration, ensuring that food stays fresher longer. With the acquisition of Wolf Range Company in 2000, Sub-Zero Group, Inc. added the industry specialist in residential cooking appliances, with products including ranges, cooktops, wall ovens, warming drawers and ventilation equipment. In 2018, Sub-Zero Group, Inc. launched the Cove brand of dishwashers, the specialist in all things clean. Cove joins Sub-Zero and Wolf, establishing the brands as corporate companions and a complete kitchen family. In its third generation of family ownership, the privately held company also operates manufacturing facilities in Fitchburg, Wis., and Goodyear, Ariz. Sub-Zero Group, Inc. is continually recognized for the highest achievements in appliance innovation and customer satisfaction. For more information about Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove, visit subzero-wolf.com or follow us at facebook.com/subzerowolf, on Twitter @subzerowolf or on Instagram @subzeroandwolf. For Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Customer Care, call 800-222-7820.
SOURCE Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove