NEW YORK, Aug. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Injectable treatments are ideal facial rejuvenation therapies for the busy summer social season, says plastic surgeon Dr. Scott Zevon. Nonsurgical therapies with little downtime, injectables offer an alternative to the long recovery time associated with surgeries such as a facelift or a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift).
Advances in nonsurgical facial rejuvenation offer many alternatives for those seeking a quick, yet profound improvement to the face. Injectable dermal fillers plump up the skin to disguise wrinkles, while Botox injections treat wrinkles by temporarily weakening the muscles that cause them. Some injectables offer results immediately, while others develop over a short time period. A board-certified plastic surgeon can suggest the best summer skin treatments to achieve the desired results. The following are treatments with little or no recovery time to interfere with summer activities:
- Juvederm®. The famed "lunchtime" treatment yields immediate results. When administered by a skilled surgeon, possible after-effects like redness and swelling are lessened. Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance produced by the human body that binds water in the cells, adding volume to the skin.
- Hylaform®. Also a hyaluronic acid-based filler, Hylaform works immediately to mimic the effects of the skin's own natural hyaluronic acid. Hylaform can be used to plump lips in addition to minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
- Restylane®. This dermal filler restores fullness in areas of moderate to severe wrinkles. Restylane treatment doesn't require allergy testing, as it is composed of non-animal-based hyaluronic acid which completely breaks down in the body.
- Radiesse®. Radiesse works beneath the surface of the skin to stimulate the growth of collagen; collagen is the substance that gives volume to the skin. While it has immediate results, Radiesse injections offer the long-term benefit of increased collagen production over time.
- Botox®. Botox injections improve the appearance of wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions. While not immediate, the effects of Botox treatment are apparent within three to five days and continue to improve over a period of weeks. Repeated treatment with Botox causes the affected muscles to relax over time, making wrinkles less severe.
An injectable treatment can take as little as 15 minutes - the perfect way to renew the skin before a special summer getaway. Side effects are generally minimal, consisting primarily of temporary redness, bruising, and/or swelling. While all injectable treatments are considered temporary, the effects can be seen for as long as 6 to 12 months, depending on the product. A summertime treatment can often last until the winter holiday season, at which time it can be repeated. The benefits of each therapeutic approach can be addressed during a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
About Central Park Plastic Surgery: Scott J. Zevon, MD, FACS, has been featured in New York Magazine as one of the Best Doctors in New York and is listed in the Castle Connolly directory Best Doctors in New York. The Central Park Plastic Surgery offices and AAAASF-accredited ambulatory surgical facility is located at 75 Central Park West, New York, New York 10023. He can be reached by phone at 212-496-6600 or at http://www.drzevon.com.
Media Contact: Mary Monahan, 212-496-6600, http://www.drzevon.com
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Central Park Plastic Surgery