HARRISBURG, Pa., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Here's some "beyond cool" news: if you are looking to add more versatility to your meals, snacks and desserts, you can find new inspiration in a place you might not expect – your grocer's dairy aisle. The dairy aisle is a growing shopper destination as U.S. industry sales topped $71 billion in 2015. The largest sales drivers included milk and cheese, followed by yogurt, juices/drinks, and eggs.
June is National Dairy Month. Which means…
- It's a great time to visit your local supermarket and enjoy special prices and promotions on America's favorite refrigerated dairy foods.
- In celebration of the June Dairy Month promotion, the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) sponsors a $10,000 Sweepstakes.
- Visit www.EasyHomeMeals.com, where you can enter for a chance to win and also find terrific recipes and meal planning ideas.
Today's dairy aisle has evolved over the years – it's where you will now find way more than just your average fridge staples. While families are still purchasing milk, eggs and butter, the evolution of yogurts and cheeses have expanded and boomed in popularity. Additionally, milk alternatives are available in a variety of options and creating buzz for their dietary benefits. And there is diversity and versatility in other dairy aisle products like potatoes, dips, breads, puddings, sour cream, cottage cheese, juices and more. Shoppers are eagerly exploring this aisle for inventive flavors and emerging trends more so now than ever before.
"There are so many cool possibilities right in your dairy aisle," says chef, lifestyle expert and TV personality Ceci Carmichael. "I'm always looking for quick and nutritious options for busy mornings, inspiration for delicious snacks and meals, and ideas for summer entertaining. There is really something here for everyone."
Four Reasons to Look Differently at the Dairy Aisle
- Inspiration: the aisle has evolved and expanded over the years beyond the traditional staples consumers count on every day.
- Innovation: products focused on dietary needs and restrictions, exotic flavor combinations, full-fat options and dairy alternatives that address emerging health and consumer trends.
- Convenience: single-serve, portion-controlled; catering to grab-and-go snack and "small meal" lifestyles.
- Nutritional Value: quality, healthful, real ingredients; high in protein, simple, fresh and close to the farm.
About National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA)
NFRA is a non-profit trade association representing all segments of the frozen and refrigerated foods industry. NFRA sponsors national promotions March Frozen Food Month, June Dairy Month and June/July Ice Cream & Novelties; and provides consumer information such as food safety guidelines, meal preparation tips, recipes and sweepstakes opportunities through its Easy Home Meals consumer website and social media properties.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/summer-recipe-inspiration-just-got-a-whole-lot-cooler-300469753.html
SOURCE National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association