ORLANDO, Fla., July 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its range of Microsoft certified server, storage and networking solutions optimized for Enterprise, Cloud, Data Center and Embedded Applications at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) 2015 in Orlando, Florida this week. Headlining the show is Supermicro's 4U 4-Way SuperServer (quad Intel® Xeon® E7-8800/4800 v3 processors) supporting 6TB in 96 DIMMs with optional 8x 8TB PCIe NVMe card configuration that can deliver high-performance in-memory database at low-latency for Microsoft SQL Server and Fast Track Data Warehouse, OLTP (Online Transaction Processing) and OLAP (Online analytical processing) applications and the Enterprise class high availability, high capacity 4U 90x 3.5" top-load hot-swap SAS 3.0 12Gb/s HDD JBOD certified for Microsoft Exchange Server. Additional highlights include 2U Hyper-Speed Ultra high-performance server with hybrid SAS 3.0 12Gb/s SSD and NVMe 2.5" U.2 storage technology for cost optimized Microsoft SQL Server applications and 2U fault-tolerant cluster-in-a-box storage solution certified and preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 for continuous availability mission critical applications in SMB/Remote Branch offices. Also on display, 4U 4-node high-availability FatTwin servers optimized for Microsoft Hyper-V, 4x GPU Tower for holographic cloud computing and visualization; 6U high-density MicroBlade microserver; and mini-tower enclosure featuring Intel® Xeon® processor D-1540 and dual 10GbE ports for SMB, Cloud, Virtualization, NAS and embedded applications.
"Supermicro's expertise in developing server, storage and networking building block solutions help our Channel Partners and Integrators grow and succeed in business," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our latest 4-Way, Ultra, FatTwin, MicroBlade, 90-Bay JBOD, Cluster-in-a-box SuperStorage, and Mini-Tower platforms with flexible I/O options and high-performance NVMe technology cover a wide range of Microsoft applications and scalability needs. With Microsoft Certified server and storage solutions, complete server management software, and global service and support programs, customers can accelerate solutions deployment with Supermicro's leading edge infrastructure technologies."
"Microsoft WPC 2015 brings together the industry's best hardware and software companies working with Microsoft to drive the future cloud infrastructure solutions," said Jordan Chrysafidis, VP, US OEM at Microsoft. "With Supermicro's extensive range of certified server, storage and networking solutions, partners have access to platforms that provide the performance, power efficiency, reliability and flexibility to maximize profit and reduce overall TCO."
Supermicro Solutions Highlights
- 4U 4-Way (SYS-4048B-TR4FT) – Quad Intel® Xeon® E7-8800/4800 v3 processors, 6TB 96x DIMM and optional 8x 8TB PCIe NVMe cards for low latency and high-performance in-memory for Microsoft SQL Server and Fast Track Data Warehouse, OLAP and OLTP applications
- 2U Hyper-Speed Ultra SuperServer® (SYS-6028UX-TR4) – High-performance dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 solution featuring 8x 2.5" HGST SAS 3.0 12Gb/s SSDs running Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- 4U FatTwin™ (SYS-F628R3-RTBN+) – 4U 4-node high-availability and serviceability, featuring dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 and hybrid 6x 3.5" hot-swap SATA3 HDDs + 2x 2.5" hot-swap NVMe SSDs per node for Microsoft Hyper-V applications
- 4U Tower (SYS-7048GR-TR) – High-end SuperWorkstation supporting up to 4x NVIDIA® Tesla® GPUs, NVIDIA® GeForce GPUs, or Intel® Xeon Phi™ co-processors for Holographic Cloud computing ,VR development, visualization and CGI/VFX applications
- 4U 90x 3.5" Top-Load, Hot-Swap SAS 3.0 12Gb/s HDD JBOD (CSE-946ED-R2KJBOD) – High-availability, high capacity storage solution certified for Microsoft Exchange Server
- 2U High Performance Highly Available Windows NAS Appliance (SSG-2027B-CIB020H) – 2-node system running Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard, fully redundant, fault-tolerant Cluster-in-a-Box designed to provide reliable low latency performance for remote branch offices and mission critical SMB business-in-a-box applications.
- 6U MicroBlade – (MBI-6128R-T2/-T2X) – performance oriented solution with highest density up to 196 Intel® Xeon® DP nodes (5488) cores) per 42U rack with 95% cable reduction – supports dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 14 cores) up to 28x DP servers with 1GbE and 10GbE options. It is perfect for enterprise as well as cloud computing applications. (MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H) – supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4, this UP MicroBlade stands second to none in its class. Features include power efficiency with 14nm technology, improved performance, coherency and balance of CPU and GPU Graphics via package interconnect shared L3 Cache and 128MB Graphic embedded cache. A simpler CPU subset and Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics P6300 in an interconnect package enable key technologies for the best server performance per watt per flop with great graphics emphasis.
- Mini-Tower (SYS-5028D-TN4T) – Intel® Xeon® processor D-1540, 128GB ECC RDIMM DDR4 2133MHz or 64GB ECC/non-ECC UDIMM in 4 sockets, 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays; 2x 2.5" fixed drive bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (LP), 1x M.2 PCI-E 3.0 x4, M Key 2242/2280, Dual 10GbE LAN running Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 2. Targeting SMB, Cloud, Virtualization, NAS and embedded applications
Visit Supermicro at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) 2015 in Orlando, Florida, July 12th through the 16th at the Orange County Convention Center, Booth #809. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.