BEVERLY, Mass., May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey reveals women today are having an age-defying moment. At a time when female empowerment is trending in the workplace, on the Hill and on the Red Carpet, results of a national survey of 1,000 women ages 55 and up confirm that stereotypes about women and aging are changing for the better. The vast majority of older women (94 percent) believe women get better with age, with a whopping 95 percent saying that women can be beautiful at every age.
Orchard Brands is celebrating this new-found definition of beauty by providing an online lifestyle hub and social community where women can find and share inspiration and solutions for living their best in the second half of life and learn from the achievements of their peers. "Live Beautiful at Every Age" launches today at orchardbrands.com/livebeautiful.
The new lifestyle hub offers women ages 55 and up:
- Tips from the master of reinvention, 75-year-old author, model, and motivational speaker, Valerie Ramsey, empowering women with her personal story
- Inspirational posts and engaging articles to help them look and feel their best while bolstering their confidence to take on the next chapter in life
- Access to an online community of their peers
While life changes, including health issues, impact her the most, the survey clearly reveals that women are no longer defining themselves by their age:
- 78 percent of survey respondents agree that a new breed of confident, modern women ages 55 and up is changing what it means to age for the better
- 72 percent report that they are generally happy with their looks
- 86 percent of respondents see fashion as an integral part of looking and feeling their best
- 78 percent say they'd like to see more women ages 55+ represented in fashion editorial and advertising
"The truth is, millions of American women are using the second half of their lives to ramp up, not wind down. They are the new norm, not the exception," says Robyn Mohr, digital marketing manager for Orchard Brands. "Our 'Live Beautiful at Every Age' lifestyle hub celebrates this modern attitude and brings us one step closer to redefining what the second half of life should be and could be for women everywhere,"
A snapshot of the survey findings about health, intimacy and confidence among women 55 and up is available at orchardbrands.com/livebeautiful.
About the Survey
In February 2015, Toluna, on behalf of Orchard Brands Corporation, conducted an online survey of 1,000 women age 55+ in the United States.
About Orchard Brands
Orchard Brands is the fastest growing company marketing to the baby boomer generation. The Orchard Brands family of online and catalog brands—including Appleseed's, Bedford Fair, Blair, Draper's & Damon's, Gold Violin, Haband, LinenSource, Norm Thompson, Old Pueblo Traders, Sahalie, Solutions, The Tog Shop, Willow Ridge and WinterSilks—reported revenue in 2014 of over
$1 billion. Orchard Brands also operates 30 retail and outlet stores throughout the U.S. For more information, please visit http://www.orchardbrands.com.
SOURCE Orchard Brands