LAKE ZURICH, Ill., Jan. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Swingline® SmarTech™ Shredder is leading the way in innovation, featuring SmarTech technology paired with a SmarTech app that allows users to receive real-time notifications and alerts about their shredding jobs.
This new line of Stack-and-Shred™ Auto Feed Shredders is the first of its kind with SmarTech technology and is the first Smart Shredder in the U.S. market after being launched in January of 2018. SmarTech Shredders improve the shredding experience by allowing users to get real-time notifications through the SmarTech app; giving peace of mind that the user will always know when the shredding job is complete or if it was interrupted for any reason. Users can also manage multiple shredders at one time to see if the shredders are low on oil and if the bins are full.
Sumita Ghosh, Director, Disruptive Innovation at ACCO Brands, commented on the new line of shredders. "We are excited to be the first to market with a Smart Shredder and push the boundaries of shredding."
How does it work?
- The tablet or smartphone connects to the shredder nearby, via Bluetooth. (This way, the shredder knows who is shredding.)
- The shredder starts shredding. The shredder also starts telling the ACCO Brands cloud what it is doing over the wireless network.
- The ACCO Brands cloud sends a notification to the user's app over the internet. (The user doesn't need to be within range of the shredder; they can get an alert anywhere they have internet access.)
- No more manually feeding the shredder.
- No more checking, waiting or guessing on your shred job.
- Instant knowledge if there is an issue with the shredder.
- Peace of mind knowing the job is done.
- Easy to set up and use – no IT support needed.
- Manage multiple shredders at once without manually checking each one.
- Never run out of supplies with the ability to order supplies through the app.
SmarTech Shredders are in various consumer catalogs for 2018 and can be purchased now through shop.swingline.com and Amazon. Stack-and-Shred models 300X, 600X and 750X are available with the new SmarTech technology.
About ACCO Brands Corporation
ACCO Brands Corporation is one of the world's largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded academic, consumer and business products. Our widely recognized brands include Artline®, AT-A-GLANCE®, Derwent®, Esselte®, Five Star®, GBC®, Hilroy®, Kensington®, Leitz®, Mead®, Quartet®, Rapid®, Rexel®, Swingline®, Tilibra®, Wilson Jones® and many others. Our products are sold in more than 100 countries around the world. More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
SOURCE ACCO Brands Corporation