LOS ANGELES, Dec. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recent study, 66 percent of New Year's resolutions incorporate fitness goals. Premier sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet offers the best in workout gear and apparel to help new and seasoned athletes conquer their resolutions safely and effectively in 2015.
"Sport Chalet not only offers consumers high-quality gear but also provides expert advice for fitness beginners," said Sport Chalet Expert Tom Connell. "With health and weight loss endeavors being among the most difficult resolutions to keep, we deliver the tools and encouragement athletes desire to successfully master their health and fitness plans."
Connell recommends the following apparel and equipment for those looking to achieve New Year's fitness resolutions:
- Look good, feel great. Fitness and fashion have recently collided with the emergence of stylish yet functional workout apparel. The Nike Women's Pro Hyperwarm Mezzo Waistband provides warmth for outdoor exercise, sweat-wicking Dri-FIT fabric and a smooth, flattering fit. The fashion-forward Nike Men's 7 Pursuit 2N1 Short offers breathable, sweat-wicking fabric and built-in Nike Pro Combat shorts for compression support and comfort while high-intensity training.
- Weather the winter. With cold weather being a January staple, ensure warmth when training outdoors to avoid injury. The adidas Women's Ultimate Fleece Half Zip is equipped with Climawarm sup fabric that wicks away moisture to keep athletes dry throughout their exercise. The Nike Men's Core Comp Long Sleeve Top 2.0 is made with sweat-wicking fabric in a long-sleeve compression cut that provides the perfect base-layer for cool weather workouts.
- Track progress. Fitness becomes more natural with increased practice. Track progress and acknowledge achievements with the Fitbit Charge Act Wrist Band. The newest addition to the Fitbit line, the Charge is a high-performance activity wristband that displays real-time fitness statistics and offers inspiration for those looking to step up their training.
- Mix up the routine. For those who stay fit with a daily run, try switching up the exercise regimen with an alternative full body workout. The Empower Deluxe Total Body Toning System offers an effective workout that helps burn calories all day long. Trade in basic crunches for the GoFit Dual Exercise Wheel, which works both upper and lower abdominal walls without a dreaded crunch or sit-up.
- Gear up with proper protection. Some fitness exercises like weight training often require extra protection to avoid injury. The Power Women's StretchBack™ Gloves and Men's Training Grip, both made by Harbinger, provide lifters with defense against the stresses of weightlifting, protecting the hands from callouses and tears.
To view Sport Chalet's selection of fitness gear, visit its fitness collection. To find the nearest Sport Chalet store, visit www.sportchalet.com, and for additional media inquiries, contact [email protected].
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tackle-new-years-fitness-goals-with-gear-from-sport-chalet-300014417.html
SOURCE Sport Chalet