REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tactile, the company on a mission to make the world a happier place to work, today announced the launch of Tact Enterprise Manager on the Salesforce AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with customers, partners and employees in a whole new way. Tact is the award-winning, mobile-first command center [found here on the Salesforce AppExchange] designed specifically for field salespeople. It combines the tools they use everyday -- phone, email, calendar, and Salesforce -- into one seamless experience. The new Tact Enterprise Manager [found here on the Salesforce AppExchange] delivers management and control features designed specifically for Salesforce administrators, giving them visibility into their sales teams' use of Tact and controls to assist customers in complying with their legal obligations.
Tact Enterprise Manager builds on the growing success of the Tact mobile app in the enterprise. Thousands of salespeople have downloaded Tact from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store to experience Salesforce data on their mobile devices, whether online or offline, by embedding it directly into their daily communication workflows. Now with the addition of Tact Enterprise Manager to the Salesforce AppExchange, Salesforce administrators easily gain management and control capabilities over their Tact mobile deployments directly within their Salesforce environments.
Built on the Salesforce Customer Success Platform, which brings together groundbreaking cloud apps for sales, service, marketing, community and analytics, Tact Enterprise Manager is currently available on the AppExchange at www.appexchange.com.
Comments on the News
- "Tact is spreading across enterprises of all sizes and industries, improving the lives of salespeople along the way," said Chuck Ganapathi, Founder and CEO of Tactile. "Today we are expanding our enterprise-class capabilities by giving Salesforce administrators control over how Tact is being used across their organizations and giving managers a new level of visibility into their sales activity."
- "As our sales team's reliance on Tact as their primary communication tool grows, it's become increasingly important for us to have management and control capabilities," said Julia Gachet, Sales Operations Manager, Cork Supply USA, Inc. "Tact Enterprise Manager gives us confidence that we are making the best use of our Tact licenses and can maintain the integrity of our Salesforce data."
- "Companies are looking to transform the way they connect with customers, partners and employees to thrive in today's connected world," said Ryan Ellis, VP, Product Management, Salesforce1 Platform & AppExchange, Salesforce. "By leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Platform, Tactile provides customers with the proven social, mobile and connected cloud technologies to accelerate business success."
Key Features of Tact Enterprise Manager
- User management and provisioning – Makes it easy to administer Tact licenses to new employees, manage existing licenses and understand who is using the application.
- Data privacy and security – Controls are provided to assist customers in complying with their legal obligations, including the ability to remotely remove data from mobile devices and disconnect users leaving the company.
About Salesforce AppExchange
Salesforce AppExchange is the world's leading enterprise apps marketplace that empowers companies to sell, service, market and engage for the Internet of Customers. With more than 2,700 partner apps and more than 3 million customer installs, it is the most comprehensive source of social, mobile and connected cloud apps for business.
Salesforce, Salesforce1, AppExchange and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
Led by former Salesforce and Siebel executive Chuck Ganapathi, Tactile is on a mission to make the world a happier place to work, by creating tools that empower individuals and enrich companies. Tactile's flagship Tact product line is designed help salespeople move faster and more fluidly through their daily customer communications, while improving CRM adoption. Powered by the company's patent-pending sync platform, Tact brings together a salesperson's phone, email, calendar, and Salesforce in one seamless mobile experience that works everywhere, both online and offline regardless of wireless coverage. Founded in 2012 and based in Redwood City, Calif., Tactile is a privately held company, backed by Accel Partners and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit tactile.com.