Companies to Present Their Innovations at the Georgia Technology Summit
ATLANTA, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) today announced the Top 10 Innovative Technology Companies in Georgia. These companies were singled out from the Top 40 Innovative Technology Companies announced earlier this month for showing the highest degree of innovation, the broadest scope and financial impact of their innovations and the greatest effect of such innovation in promoting Georgia's technology industry throughout the U.S. and globally.
The 2012 Top 10 Innovative Companies are:
- AirWatch, a leader in enterprise-grade mobile device management, mobile application management and mobile content management solutions designed to simplify mobility.
- Brightwhistle, a first-in-class digital patient acquisition solution provider to hospitals and large physician practices.
- FirstData, a global leader in electronic commerce and payment processing.
- Innovolt, a leader in comprehensive electronics power protection and management, is the first to bridge the gap between the power protection and asset service markets. The company's technology allows equipment to last longer by keeping it safe from common power grid disturbances that negatively impact electronics performance and lifespan.
- NexTraq, the value leader of GPS fleet tracking and vehicle management solutions.
- Podponics, a company that converts used shipping containers into modular controlled-environment growth pods to enable the growth of fresh produce in urban centers.
- Proximus Mobility is a location based proximity marketing software company, delivers relevant content to consumers' mobile devices at the point of purchase, regardless of phone type and without an app.
- Red Bag Solutions, Inc., a company that offers patented technology and equipment for the on-site processing of regulated medical waste.
- SalesLoft is a sales technology company that helps B2B organizations speed up their revenue cycles and close more deals by automating sales research, ranking prospects on likeliness to buy, and generating new leads through data analytics.
- Velocity Medical Solutions, LLC, a company that represents the next generation of intelligent radiation treatment tools through a vendor-neutral platform gives clinicians a fully integrated record of all diagnostic, planning and delivery data, regardless of origin.
Each Top 10 company will present their innovation on-stage during the 2012 Georgia Technology Summit (GTS) on March 28, 2012, at the Cobb Galleria Centre.
"The Top 10 awards are given to an elite group of companies whose products and solutions are not only changing their respective industries, they are also putting Georgia on the map as a state where technology innovation can thrive," said Tino Mantella, president & CEO of TAG. "We applaud each of these companies for standing out as leaders in Georgia's technology community and look forward to showcasing them at our annual Georgia Technology Summit."
"The competition for Top 10 recognition was particularly fierce this year," said Dennis Zakas, a partner and founder of Zakas & Leonard, LLP, Chair of Group Office Buys, LLC, and chairperson of the Top 40 Selection Committee. "The Top 10 demonstrate the depth and breadth of Georgia's technology community. We are pleased to recognize this group of companies and believe that the community will be just as impressed as we are by their innovation and impact on Georgia's technology industry."
This year's theme, Innovation: The Path to a Bright Future, builds upon TAG's public awareness campaign to promote Georgia's technology industry through an emphasis on the fastest-growing tech clusters in the state, including health IT, information security, financial technology, logistics and communication services. According to experts, clusters bring about more resources which lead to greater innovation.
For more information about TAG and the Georgia Technology Summit and to register for the event, visit http://www.tagonline.org/georgia-technology-summit.php . Follow the conversation on Twitter through #GTS2012.
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 15,000 members and hosting over 200 events each year. TAG serves as an umbrella organization for 30 industry societies, each of which provides rich content for TAG constituents. TAG's mission is to educate, promote, influence and unite Georgia's technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy. The association provides members with access to networking and educational programs; recognizes and promotes Georgia's technology leaders and companies; and advocates for legislative action that enhances the state's economic climate for technology. Additionally, the TAG Education Collaborative (TAG's charitable arm) focuses on helping science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives thrive. For more information visit the TAG website at www.tagonline.org or TAG's community website at www.TAGthink.com. To learn about the TAG-Ed Collaborative visit http://www.tagedonline.org/.
Technology Association of Georgia
SOURCE Technology Association of Georgia