TAIPEI, Taiwan, Nov. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2016 edition of Taiwan Jewellery & Gem Fair took place at the Taipei World Trade Centre, Hall 1, on 21-24 October. This 4-day event featured 183 exhibitors from 13 countries and regions, exhibiting with 303 booths and attracted 6,963 buyers from 36 countries and regions. The spectacular exhibition was hailed by all participants to have been a great success.
Highlights of the Fair
- The Opening Ceremony was attended by Ms. Ming-Li Hung, Chairman of the Taiwan Jewelry Industry Association, Mr. Chang Geng Hung, Chairman of the Taipei Jewelers' Association, and Ms. Sabine Liu, General Manager of UBM Asia Ltd., Taiwan Branch as well as numerous representatives of local jewellery associations and representatives from overseas. The ceremony was further graced by the presence of President of "Taiwan Control Yuan" (government supervision department), Dr. Po-ya Chang. The large number of high level representatives from the jewellery industry attests to the status of the Taiwan Jewellery and Gem Fair as the leading professional trade platform in Taiwan.
- Spectacular catwalk shows brought by Chia Ta Jewellery showcased 20 imperial, glittering jadeite jewellery and gorgeous coloured gemstone jewellery. Total value of exhibits was over USD30 million. The 108 carat, egg surface necklace was specially presented by artist Tien Hsin to bring out the elegance of jade. Each catwalk session stimulated the audience to gasp in admiration.
- Organised by Taiwan Jewelry Industry Association, "Symposium on how to invigorate jewellery industry in Taiwan" was enthusiastically participated by government representatives and members of Jewelers' Associations from across Taiwan. Intensive discussions were carried out between the parties aiming to boost jewellery business in Taiwan. Industry participants are looking forward to the government to address legislation motions which would benefit the industry.
- 2nd edition of Taiwan Goldsmith's Craft Competition had concluded with success at the Fair. Though the youngest nominee was only 19 years old, his technique had been affirmed by the judges, and one of the purposes of this competition which was to attract young talents and apprentices had been achieved by his participation. Future of goldsmith career is expected to be much brighter.
- A series of seminars was held during the Fair - topics include "E-Commerce: Future of Fine Jewellery", "Potential Growth and Trend of Coloured Gemstone Market" and "Contemporary Jewellery Design - Artistic Conception of the East vs Rational Intellect of the West." Each session was delivered by industry professionals with great content and had driven high footfalls which would lead to potential business opportunity.
- A total of 6,963 unique visitors from 36 countries and regions visited the four-day Fair. Aggregate visits to the exhibition were 9,172.
- 6,127 visitors were from Taiwan, accounting for 88% of total visitors.
- 836 visitors came from overseas, accounting for 12% of total visitors.
- Other than local Taiwan buyers, the top three visiting countries were Mainland China, India and Japan
The 5th edition of Taiwan Jewellery & Gem Fair will return to Taipei World Trade Centre, Hall 1 on 3-6 November, 2017. Ms. Sabine Liu, General Manager of UBM Asia Ltd., Taiwan Branch, commented: "With the B-to-B trade platform provided by UBM, the world leading organiser of jewellery trade fairs, and the continuous support from jewellery associations, government, it can be expected that the hardworking and skillful Taiwan goldsmiths will soon step on the world stage in the near future."
About UBM Asia's jewellery fairs (http://www.jewellerynetasia.com/)
Owned by UBM plc listed on the London Stock Exchange, UBM Asia is the largest trade show organiser in Asia and the largest commercial organiser in China, India and Malaysia. Established with its headquarters in Hong Kong and subsidiary companies across Asia and in the US, UBM Asia has a strong global presence in 24 major cities with 32 offices and 1,300 staff.
With a track record spanning over 30 years, UBM Asia operates in 19 market sectors with 230 events, 28 targeted trade publications, 18 round-the-clock online products for over 2,000,000 quality exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, advertisers and subscribers from all over the world. We provide a one-stop diversified global service for high-value business matching, quality market news and online trading networks.
UBM Asia has extensive office networks in China, Southeast Asia and India, three of the world's fastest growing B2B events markets. UBM China has 12 offices in the major cities in mainland China, including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Guzhen and Shenzhen, where we organise 90 events. In ASEAN, UBM Asia operates from its offices in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and the Philippines with 70 events in this region. UBM India teams in Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru and Chennai organise over 20 events every year across the country.
UBM Asia was awarded "Asia's Most Reliable Trade Show Organizer Award" in Hong Kong's Most Valuable Companies Awards (HKMVCA) 2016.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161104/436194
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161104/436195
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161104/436196
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161104/436197
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161104/436198LOGO
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121014/HK92339LOGO-d
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/taiwan-jewellery--gem-fair-successfully-concludes-with-6963-trade-visitors-300358128.html
SOURCE UBM Asia Ltd., Taiwan Branch