NEW YORK, Jan. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Execu|Search Group released today its 2018 Hiring Outlook: The Impact Of The Growing Skills Shortage On The Employer-Employee Relationship, which provides insights into the factors that professionals consider when making career decisions. To help employers navigate this evolving employer-employee relationship, the Hiring Outlook offers recommendations for engaging with talent in today's market; one in which professionals of all generations have the ability to prioritize their needs when making career decisions.
"In search of purpose, personalization, and professional development, today's professionals are changing the way they look at their careers," said Edward Fleischman, Chairman and CEO of The Execu|Search Group. "Employers who do not adapt to this new relationship risk missing out on top talent and losing their best employees, so our 2018 Hiring Outlook is meant to provide employers with tools for creating a culture that recognizes and nurtures talent."
Findings of the 2018 Hiring Outlook include:
- Hiring is becoming increasingly difficult:
- 69% of employers plan on hiring new staff in 2018—a 13% year-over-year increase.
- Companies must offer more professional development:
- Working professionals ranked professional development as the most important element of company culture, yet employers didn't perceive it to be a high priority for employees.
- 46% of employees do not think their leadership skills are being developed.
- Collaboration + transparency are key to retention:
- "Lack of advancement opportunities" is one of the top reasons employees would leave a company.
- Professionals aren't happy with their work-life balance
- 45% of professionals feel that their company does not promote a healthy work-life balance.
- 54% of professionals' career choices are motivated by seeking a healthy work-life balance.
The full report can be accessed here.
About The Execu|Search Group:
Headquartered in New York, NY, The Execu|Search Group is a leading provider of recruitment, temporary staffing, and workforce solutions nationwide. The firm serves clients across a broad range of practice areas, including Accounting/Finance, Creative + Digital, Engineering, Financial Services, Health Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal Services, Life Sciences, Nonprofit, and Office Support.
MEDIA CONTACT: Stephanie Klemperer, (212-871-0607), [email protected]
SOURCE The Execu|Search Group