MINNEAPOLIS, March 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) kicks off its Earth Month celebration by offering guests opportunities to make a difference in a way that is right for them. The festivities will include a sweepstakes with hundreds of sustainable prizes – including a "Refresh Your Nest" home makeover worth up to $50,000 with Target's style expert for home, LEED accredited designer Sabrina Soto. Guests can log on to Target.com/Eco to enter the sweepstakes.
"From how we build our stores to the way we interact with our guests, environmental sustainability at Target is integrated throughout our business," said Shawn Gensch, vice president, Marketing. "As part of Target's ongoing commitment to sustainability, our Earth Month activities are designed to remind our guests of the many ways we can all make small changes, which together make a big difference."
Earth Month celebrations at Target will include:
- A giveaway of one million reusable bags, made from 100% recyclable Tyvek material, at Target stores nationwide on April 17 (while supplies last).
- An online boutique at Target.com/Eco where guests can purchase sustainable products, receive sustainable decorating tips from Sabrina Soto, download coupons to use at their local Target store and enter for a chance to win the home makeover sweepstakes with Sabrina Soto. The sweepstakes also will offer hundreds of other prizes, including:
- Eco vacations, including air transportation and hotel accommodations;
- A chance to design your own line of environmentally friendly cleaning products;
- $5,000 worth of energy-smart lighting and/or appliances; and
- Giveaways of top Earth Month products
- Great deals on sustainable products in the weekly ad, available April 17-23.
In addition, Target always offers a 5-cent discount for guests off their total purchase per reusable bag. Since November 2009, Target has saved guests nearly $2 million through the 5-cent discount program. Target joins its guests, team members and partners in making environmental commitments everyone can keep. For more information about Target's sustainability commitments, visit Target.com/hereforgood.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,755 stores in 49 states nationwide and at Target.com. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target's commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom.
Note: Target welcomes the media to its stores. To contact your local store about shooting b-roll or photos or to request a local interview, please visit "Find a Store" at Target.com and contact the Leader on Duty. You also may visit Target.com/Pressroom to access product information, photos and more.
SOURCE Target Corporation