BANGKOK, Dec. 22, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to invite you to enjoy 2011 New Year Countdown and Festive Celebrations around Thailand.
Let's plan the New Year Countdown and Festive Celebrations from all parts of Thailand.
The activities and celebrations which take place in Central of Thailand cover Bangkok, Cha-am, Phetchburi Province, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Amphawa, Samut Songkhram Provinces and Kanchanaburi Province.
There are various activities in the Central part of Thailand in the following area:
BANGKOK COUNTDOWN 2011 @ CENTRAL WORLD
December 31, 2010 - January 1, 2011
At CentralWorld Square, Ratchaprasong District
Join the New Year celebration and countdown to 2011. "Bangkok Countdown 2011 at CentralWorld" will be packed with fun and exciting activities as leading Thai artists perform on stage throughout the night. See Bangkok's biggest fireworks display on New Year's Eve at CentralWorld Square.
For more information, please call +66-2-640-4000 ext. 1303, 1331.
Bangkok Countdown 2011 at CentralWorld will also be broadcasted live on Thai TV Channel 7 from 22.30 on 31 December to 00.30 on 1 January.
HAPPY TOGETHER COUNTDOWN 2011 @ Future Park
December 30 - 31, 2010 from 17.00 hrs onwards
At Alive Park plaza, Future Park Rangsit
Happy Thailand parade
The Happy Rabbit photo corner with a huge Happy Rabbit mascot symbolic of the Year of The Rabbit in 2011 presenting the perfect backdrop for fun-filled photo opportunities.
Photo Hug photographic contest with photos being projected onto a gigantic Countdown Wall clock tower
Concert, entertainment, fun and games, and lots of prizes
The Happy Together Countdown 2011 will be broadcasted live on Thai TV Channel 11.
Web site: http://www.futurepark.co.th/
BANGKOK 2011 NEW YEAR MERIT-MAKING AT NINE BUDDHIST TEMPLES
- Wat Phra Kaeo – Temple of the Emerald Buddha, officially known as Wat Phra Si Rattanasasadaram
- Wat Pho – Temple of the Reclining Buddha aka Wat Phrachetuphon Wimonmangkhalaram
- Wat Suthat (the official name for which is Wat Suthat Thepwararam Ratchaworamahawihan)
- Wat Saket (also known as Wat Saket Ratchaworamahawihan)
- Wat Bwornnivetviharn
- Wat Chanasongkhram Ratchaworamahawihan
- Wat Rakhang (also known by the official name Wat Rakhangkhositaram Woramahawihan)
- Wat Arun – Temple of Dawn (officially known as Wat Arunratchawararam Ratchaworamahawihan)
- Wat Kanlayanamit Woramahawihan
NEW YEAR MERIT-MAKING AT NINE ROYAL TEMPLES OF THE NINE KINGS OF THE CHAKRI DYNASTY
- Wat Pho – Temple of the Reclining Buddha, the official name for which is Wat Phrachetuphon Wimonmangkhalaram
- Wat Arun – Temple of Dawn
- Wat Raja Orasaram (Wat Rajaoros), Bangkhunthien, on the Thonburi (western) bank of the Chao Phraya River
- Wat Rajapradit Sathitmahasimaram Rajaworavihara, situated next to Saranrom Park near the old moat, Khlong Ku Mueang Derm Road
- Wat Rajabophit Sathitmahasimaram Rajaworawihan, the first temple constructed under the reign of King Rama V
- Wat Ben – the Marble Temple, officially known as Wat Benjamabopit Dusitwanaram, located near Government House and the Equestrian Statue of King Rama V
- Wat Bawornniwet
- Wat Suthat Thepwararam Ratchaworamahawihan
- Wat Phra Ram 9 Kanjanapisek
NEW YEAR MERIT-MAKING AT NINE TEMPLES ALONG THE CHAO PHRAYA RIVER – RIVER OF KINGS
- Wat Kanlayanamit Woramahawihan
- Wat Arunratchawararam Ratchaworamahawihan (The Temple of Dawn)
- Wat Rakhangkhositaram Woramahawihan
- Wat Amarintra
- Wat Srisuda
- Wat Kharuehabodi
- Wat Raja Orasaram, Thonburi
- Wat Thewarat Kunchorn Worawiharn
- Wat Yannawa
CHA-AM COUNTDOWN – GREET THE NEW YEAR
Countdown and merit-making at Cha-am Beach scenic vantage point
December 31, 2010 – January 1, 2011
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Phetchaburi Office
PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN PROVINCE
HUA HIN COUNTDOWN
Hua Hin Market Village
December 29, 2010 – January 1, 2011
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Prachuap Khiri Khan Office
SAMUT SONGKHRAM PROVINCE
AMPHAWA 2011 NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS
featuring timeless folk songs by the Suntharaporn Band
December 31, 2010
In front of the Amphawa district office
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Samut Songkhram
The Legend of Pilok Mining Town: Cool Season Festival
December 30, 2010 – January 1, 2011
Pilok Mine, Pilok sub-district in the Thong Pha Phum district of Kanchanaburi province
Pilok, a mining town, offers celebrations with a different twist. The festive highlights include a live demonstration of mining activities.
Chambers of Commerce and Federation of Industries Fair Kleeb Bua Sports Stadium, Kanchanaburi provincial centre
For visitors who have not quite wrapped up their festive shopping, the Chambers of Commerce and Federation of Industries Fair, being held at the Kleeb Bua Sports Stadium in the Kanchanaburi provincial centre, presents an opportunity to do some last-minute shopping or gifts and souvenirs.
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Kanchanaburi Office
Tel: +66-3451-1200, +66-3451-2500
Apart from the celebrations in the Central part you may also invited to join the countdown activities in the following area:
Ubon Ratchathani, Buriram, Udon Thani, Sakhon Nakhon, Loei, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat)
Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi
Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Tak, Phitsanulok, Phichit
Surat Thani, Songkhla, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Yala, Pattani
If you would like more information about New Year Merit Making in Thailand, please visit http://www.tatnews.org/emagazine/5183.asp .
International Public Relations Division
Tourism Authority of Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2250 5500 ext. 4545-48
Fax: +66 (0) 2253 7419
Web site: www.tatnews.org
Image Attachments Links:
SOURCE Tourism Authority of Thailand