CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its eighth annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
To bolster affordable housing efforts, the TD Charitable Foundation's "Housing for Everyone" competition invites non-profits from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives.
"Each year it is our pleasure to support housing agencies that are making a difference in the community," said Beth Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "Affordable housing affects thousands and we are proud to partner with agencies to address this critical need."
This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut: Preservation of Affordable Housing; Chrysalis Center, Inc.
- Florida: Ability Housing of Northeast Florida; Volunteers of America of Florida; Lotus House Women's Shelter
- Maine: Bangor Housing Development Corporation
- Massachusetts: Chelsea Neighborhood Developers; Twin Cities CDC
- New Hampshire: CATCH Neighborhood Housing
- New Jersey: Newbridge Services, Inc., Community Access Unlimited, Homeless Solutions, Inc., New Jersey Community Capital
- New York: Hudson River Housing, HELP USA, Inc., CDC of Long Island, Settlement Housing Fund, Pratt Area Community Council
- Pennsylvania: Project H.O.M.E, Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corp
- Rhode Island: Woonsocket Neighborhood Development Corp
- South Carolina: Charleston Department of Housing and Community Development, Nehemiah Community Revitalization Corp
- Vermont: Champlain Housing Trust
- Washington, DC: Wesley Housing Development Corp
Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
A staunch commitment to active involvement in the local community is a vital element of the TD Bank philosophy. TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® and the TD Charitable Foundation provide support to affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental initiatives, many of which focus on improving the welfare of children and families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made more than $131 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/td-charitable-foundation-awards-25-million-in-grants-to-non-profits-focused-on-affordable-housing-initiatives-300004031.html
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation