Mar 05, 2020, 08:00 ET
CHERRY HILL, N.J., March 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today awarded 30 affordable housing development organizations from Maine to Florida a total of $3.75 million through its Housing for Everyone grant competition.
This year's competition focused on organizations working to refurbish existing housing properties to create affordable rental units. The 30 grants of $125,000 each will fund programs from winning organizations providing safe, clean, physically accessible affordable rental units for families, individuals, the elderly, new Americans, Veterans, the disabled, women and youth.
"Across the U.S., renters are 25 to 45% more financially burdened than homeowners, according to the State of the Nation's 2019 Housing Report," said Paige Carlson-Heim, Director of TD Charitable Foundation and Office of Charitable and Community Giving. "This year's Housing for Everyone grant recipients are committed to finding ways to ease that burden by increasing the availability of safe, affordable rental housing. I am excited about the incredible work being done by each of these organizations and look forward to watching them create a pathway to financial stability for individuals and families."
Grants made through TD Charitable Foundation's 14th annual Housing for Everyone program support local non-profits in creating affordable rental housing for individuals and families, ultimately leading to improvements in their ability to plan for the future and participate more fully in educational and economic opportunities. The program, which has awarded more than $28 million in grants since 2006, directly aligns with the bank's commitment to financial security initiatives which seek to increase access to the opportunities people need to help improve their financial wellness, ranging from affordable housing and financial literacy to early learning and income stability.
This year's Housing for Everyone grants winners are:
- Ability Housing (Jacksonville, FL)
- Asian Americans for Equality (New York, NY)
- Avesta Housing (Portland, ME)
- Bergen County United Way (Paramus, NJ)
- Camillus House (Miami, FL)
- Cathedral Square Corporation (South Burlington, VT)
- Columbus House (New Haven, CT)
- Community Access Unlimited (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Community Builders (Boston, MA)
- Community Loan Fund of New Jersey (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Family Promise of Gainesville & Rebuilding Together North Central Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- Homeless Solutions (Cedar Knolls, NJ)
- Homes of Hope (Greenville, SC)
- Housing Development Corporation Midatlantic (Norristown, PA)
- Housing Up (Washington, DC)
- Metropolitan Ministries (Tampa, FL)
- Mission First Housing Group (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mountain Housing Opportunities (Asheville, NC)
- Mutual Housing Association of Southwestern CT (Bridgeport, CT)
- Neighborworks Southern New Hampshire (Manchester, NH)
- Olneyville Housing Corporation (Providence, RI)
- Riseboro Community Partnership (Brooklyn, NY)
- RUPCO, Inc. (Kingston, NY)
- Saint Joseph's Carpenter Society (Camden, NJ)
- Saint Matthew's House (Naples, FL)
- The Neighborhood Developers (Chelsea, MA)
- Victory Housing (Rockville, MD)
- Wesley Housing Development Corporation of Northern Virginia (Alexandria, VA)
- Worcester Common Ground (Worcester, MA)
- 72 Lewis Avenue Apartments Housing Development Fund Corporation (Brooklyn, NY)
The Housing for Everyone grant competition is aligned with the TD Ready Commitment, the bank's corporate citizenship program to help individuals and communities prosper. As part of the TD Ready Commitment, TD targets CDN $1 billion (US $775 million) in total by 2030 towards community giving in four areas critical to building an inclusive tomorrow – Financial Security, a more Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities and Better Health. For more, visit: https://www.tdbank.com/corporate-responsibility/the-ready-commitment/.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. Since its inception in 2002, the Foundation has distributed over $230 million through more than 21,330 grants through donations to local nonprofits from Maine to Florida. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation is available at https://www.tdbank.com/corporate-responsibility/the-ready-commitment/funding-opportunities/
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 9 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,200 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com/us.
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation
Share this article