FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Technisource IT Employee Confidence Index dipped 1.9 points to 56.3 in the first quarter of 2011, according to a recent survey of 3,654 U.S. adults among which 205 are employed in IT commissioned by Technisource®, the technology services division of SFN Group, Inc. The survey, conducted online by Harris Interactive®, shows an overall stable sense of confidence despite our Index decreasing a little over a point. In fact, the percentage of tech workers indicating that they believe more jobs are available increased by three percentage points.
Results from the IT Employment Report:
- Thirty-three percent of IT workers believe the economy is getting stronger, compared to 37 percent in the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Twenty-one percent of tech workers believe there are more jobs available versus 18 percent in the previous quarter.
- Sixty-four percent of workers indicated that they were confident in the future of their current employer. This number has decreased four percentage points from the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Nearly three-fourths (71 percent) of IT workers believe it is unlikely they will lose their jobs, down just seven points from the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Although overall confidence remained fairly stable, more tech workers believe they are likely to lose their job in the next year (18 percent said they were likely compared to eight percent in the previous quarter).
"Our survey shows that although worker confidence didn't dramatically change, they believe the number of jobs available has increased," said Michael Winwood, president of Technisource. "Employers really need to evaluate how committed their top talent is to their organization and if they are equipping them with some of the things they value to keep them around. Talent will be a key differentiator as the economy recovers and as companies continue with plans for new technology implementations, software migrations and other long-overdue projects throughout the year."
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Technisource from January 11-13, February 15-17, and March 16-18, 2011 among 3,654 adults ages 18 and older of which 205 are employed in IT. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Lesly Cardec at email@example.com.
Technisource, one of the largest technology services providers in North America, delivers a wide range of staffing, management services and technology solutions. With nearly 40 years of experience, Technisource provides services to a broad range of clients to maximize their technology investments. Focused on quality, flexibility and value, the company's service offerings range from IT staffing, deployment and support services to software quality management, strategic projects and outsourcing.
Through its network of more than 53 offices across the U.S. and Canada, Technisource maintains a group of 8,000 experienced consultants and employees that deliver its portfolio of service offerings to Fortune 500 corporations, mid-sized companies and small organizations.
Technisource is a subsidiary of SFN Group, Inc. SFN operates a family of specialty businesses providing strategic workforce solutions in professional services and general staffing. To learn more, please visit www.technisource.com.