LOS ANGELES, Sept. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- TeenSafe, the first and leading independent smartphone control and monitoring service for parents, carried out its first national parent survey on teen distracted driving and technologies. TeenSafe, "the best app to stop distracted driving," can already safeguard thousands of teenage drivers.
Key survey takeaways:
- 40% know a teen involved in a distracted driving accident
- 91% believe texting and 76% believe using apps or social media are the leading factors in teen distracted driving
- All respondents would use TeenSafe Control (or other technologies) if it would lower their insurance premiums
- Almost 68% would install additional hardware in the vehicle to enable the TeenSafe Control App to monitor driver speed, location, etc.
- 77% are unaware of any insurance incentive programs to help prevent distracted driving
"Our goal is to end teen smartphone-related distracted driving," says TeenSafe CEO Ralph Acosta. "The statistics on this issue are unsettling and highlighted in our recent blog post. Our TeenSafe Control App allows parents to disable their teen's phone while driving and if this prevents just one accident or saves one life, that is fantastic. This survey highlights positive attitudes towards the adoption of technology that can make our roads safer."
In response to the survey, TeenSafe is reviewing its suite of parental control products and services to further hasten an end to teen smartphone distracted driving.
More than 1 million parents have turned to TeenSafe to effectively manage how the digital world impacts their children's lives. The iPhone TeenSafe Control App found at the Apple App Store includes;
- Scheduling and pausing to remotely lock teen's iPhone while driving except for making/receiving emergency calls
- Scheduling and pausing smartphone during meals, bedtime, study time, etc.
- Control of all apps, in-app purchasing
- Blocking camera functions
Since 2011, TeenSafe has helped millions of parents safeguard their children from online threats. TeenSafe Monitor enables parents to view texts, deleted texts, location, web history and more. The TeenSafe Control parent app pauses and schedules app, data and phone use and protects teens against distracted driving. TeenSafe, "built by parents for parents," is a proud sponsor of the National PTA and is the "ultimate app for preventing cyberbullying," according to NBC. Follow TeenSafe's blog.
For survey results please contact: Ruth.Doering@teensafe.com