NEWARK, Calif., Aug. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tegile Systems, the leading provider of all-flash and hybrid storage arrays for database, virtualized server, and virtual desktop environments, today announced that it will be unveiling its new IntelliFlash™ HD flash storage platform, another industry first for Tegile, on August 30th, 2015 at VMworld US at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
IntelliFlash HD is the industry's first flash storage platform that brings hyperscale performance and economics to the enterprise data center. Targeted at Fortune 1000 enterprise customers that are pursuing aggressive consolidation of data centers, IntelliFlash HD is designed to deliver in a single flash platform, up to 5 million IOPS and 10PB of effective capacity in a single rack at under 50 cents per effective GB. With IntelliFlash HD, enterprise customers can dramatically accelerate their business applications, eliminate storage silos, and achieve huge economic benefits of hyper-consolidation.
At the core of IntelliFlash HD is the Tegile IntelliFlash OS, the same operating system that powers Tegile's award-winning portfolio of all-flash and hybrid arrays. IntelliFlash OS brings together several architectural innovations in flash management, data persistence and data management to enable IntelliFlash HD to deliver unprecedented levels of consolidation, simplicity and economics. Notable innovations include:
- Scalable Architecture: Multi-controller scale up and out for sustained low-latency and performance at high scale
- High Capacity Density: 512TB in 3RU space with SanDisk [NASDAQ: SNDK] InfiniFlash dense flash enclosure, with max of 10PB effective capacity in a single 42U rack
- Sustained Performance: High throughput and sub-millisecond latency with a maximum of 5M IOPS in a single rack
- One Flash Platform: Supports High-performance flash, high-density flash, and hybrid-flash configurations in the same platform
- Unified Storage: Native block (FC, iSCSI) AND file (NFS, CIFS/SMB3) access
- Comprehensive Data Services: Snapshots, clones, thin provisioning, inline deduplication and compression
- Affordable Disaster Recovery: Replicate between all-flash AND hybrid configurations
- Simplified Management: Single UI management for all operations
- VMware Support: Integrations with VMware SRM, VAAI, VASA and Virtual Volumes
The only next-generation enterprise storage vendor to be recognized as a Visionary in two of Gartner's Magic Quadrants - Solid-State Arrays and General Purpose Storage Arrays, Tegile offers a comprehensive portfolio of intelligent flash arrays solutions that provide excellent investment protection. Enterprise customers can choose from a wide range of hybrid-flash, all-flash and hyper-dense flash arrays to consolidate any and all application workloads in a single flash platform – starting at 10TB and scaling to 10PB and all managed by a single OS. IntelliFlash HD is ideal not only for latency-sensitive applications but also for workloads such as large data warehouses, analytic applications, big data processing, image processing, and large private clouds that require economical acceleration of performance.
"We are excited about Tegile's ability to address the currently unmet big data challenges faced by today's data center infrastructures at a compelling TCO," said Ravi Swaminathan, vice president and general manager, Systems and Software Solutions, SanDisk. "With Tegile's IntelliFlash HD, SanDisk and Tegile are accelerating the migration to the all-flash data center."
"Among those enterprises that are running flash in their production environments, 100% of them want to move more workloads to it over time, and concern about the $/GB cost of flash is the only reason enterprises give for not deploying it more quickly," said Eric Burgener, research director Storage, IDC. "Tegile's release of IntelliFlash HD drops the effective $/GB cost of flash into the $.50/GB range in an enterprise-class package that delivers all-flash performance and boasts storage density of 170TB/U. Storage solutions like IntelliFlash HD will allow enterprises to cost-effectively incorporate more flash into their infrastructures, allowing them to harness the secondary economic benefits of flash deployment at scale more quickly."
IntelliFlash HD can be seen in operation at Booth No. 1037 of VMworld 2015, along with the rest of Tegile's portfolio that includes:
- IntelliFlash arrays – All-flash and hybrid-flash
- IntelliCare™ – Comprehensive Customer Care with Cloud Analytics
- IntelliStack™ – Converged Infrastructure Solutions
- IntelliFlash OS – Data Protection, Disaster Recovery, Data Reduction
- VMware Support – Integration with VMware Virtual Volumes, Site Recovery Manager, VAAI, VASA and vCenter Plug-ins
According to Tegile CEO Rohit Kshetrapal, "Enterprise CIOs and business leaders have maintained that data resilience, economics, and investment protection are keys to accelerating the transformation of their legacy storage infrastructure to all-flash. IntelliFlash HD is a testament to Tegile's mantra – One Flash Platform for ANY Workload. We have delivered a truly game-changing flash platform that enterprises can rely on to achieve tremendous business acceleration coupled with very compelling economics."
- Learn more about IntelliFlash HD
- Get details about IntelliFlash, IntelliCare & IntelliStack
- Read the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Solid-State and General-Purpose Disk Arrays
- Follow Tegile on Twitter
- Follow Tegile on LinkedIn
About Tegile Systems
Tegile Systems is pioneering a new generation of intelligent flash arrays that balance performance, capacity, features, and price for virtual desktop and database applications. With Tegile's line of all-flash and hybrid storage arrays, the company is redefining the traditional approach to storage by providing a family of arrays that accelerate business critical enterprise applications and allow customers to significantly consolidate mixed workloads in virtualized environments.
Tegile's patented IntelliFlash™ technology accelerates performance and enables inline deduplication and compression of data, so each array has a usable capacity far greater than its raw capacity. Tegile's award-winning solutions enable customers to address virtualization, virtual desktop integration, and database integration requirements better than any other offering. Featuring both NAS and SAN connectivity, Tegile arrays are easy-to-use, fully redundant, and highly scalable. They come complete with built-in snapshot, remote-replication, near-instant recovery, onsite or offsite failover, and VM-aware features. Additional information is available at www.tegile.com. Follow Tegile on Twitter @tegile.
Judy Smith, JPR Communications
SOURCE Tegile Systems