RICHARDSON, Texas, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Tektronix Communications, a leading worldwide provider of Network Intelligence and Communications Test Solutions, today unveiled the Spectra2u Core Network test platform for the Spectra2 protocol test product line. Built on an Intel® Dual Quad Core® processing architecture, Spectra2u allows network equipment manufacturers and telecom operators to test NGN, VoIP and converged networks for functionality, conformance, performance and media quality – all from a single, high capacity, multi-user test platform. The Spectra2u offers a low-cost footprint supporting IP and TDM interfaces for signaling and media.
"The Spectra2u provides the industry's best ease-of-use and automation, with increases of up to 500 percent in call control capacity and over 200 percent SIP endpoint capacity increase," said Richard Kenedi, VP and General Manager of Test and Optimization, Tektronix Communications. "When it comes to testing the Core Network, Spectra2u is completely field upgradeable for capacity and port expansion and has the capability to share interface boards across users."
Some of the benefits of the Spectra2u platform include:
- High signaling and media load testing
- Hundreds of thousands of endpoint emulations
- Faster user response and heightened user experience
- User-shared interface boards
- PSTN & NGN protocol testing from a single interface board
- Field upgradeable capacity adds without additional hardware
- Complete portability of software from legacy platforms
- Portable and rack mount configurations
The new state-of-the-art Spectra2u platform enables greater testing productivity especially when combined with the newly released 7.0 Spectra2 software which includes the following capabilities:
- M2PA Transport for ISUP and TCAP testing
- Support for SIP Re-Invite Method to address mid-call codec changes
- Multiple Generator Models for enabling the simultaneous execution of multi-protocol load tests from a single user license
- H248v3 support for testing multi-party calls, message segmentation, and the TISPAN Ia interface
- SIGTRAN support for ISUP, TCAP, and BICC testing on the low cost PC based Spectra2|SE testing solution
Whether testing an NGN protocol such as SIP, H.248, or DIAMETER; or a PSTN protocol such as ISUP, BICC, or TCAP, Tektronix Communications' Spectra2 has a solution that can accommodate your Core Test needs.
About Tektronix Communications' Spectra2 Protocol Analyzer
Spectra2 is a comprehensive Core Network test solution that includes monitoring, functional testing, load generation and media testing for the full range of NGN, IMS, VoIP and legacy network elements. Learn more about the solution by visiting: http://www.tek.com/spectra2.
About Tektronix Communications
Tektronix Communications provides network operators and equipment manufacturers around the world an unparalleled suite of network diagnostics and management solutions for fixed, mobile, IP and converged multi-service networks. This comprehensive set of solutions support a range of architectures and applications such as LTE, fixed mobile convergence, IMS, broadband wireless access, WiMAX, VoIP and triple play, including IPTV. Tektronix Communications is headquartered in Richardson, Texas. Learn more about the company's test, measurement and network monitoring solutions by visiting www.tektronixcommunications.com.
Tektronix is a registered trademark of Tektronix, Inc. All other trade names referenced are the service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Tektronix Communications