PLANO, Texas, March 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Tektronix Communications, a leading worldwide provider of communications test and Network Intelligence solutions, announced today that the company's Iris suite with LTE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and the Iris Performance Intelligence (IPI) monitoring solutions received the 2010 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company, and the 2010 4GWE Product of the Year Award from TMC and Crossfire Media.
"I am pleased to announce Tektronix Communications as a Product of the Year Award winner. The editors of INTERNET TELEPHONY have verified that the Iris suite displays quality and innovation plus meets real needs in the marketplace," stated Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "I would like to congratulate Tektronix Communications for its commitment to advancing IP communication technologies."
Part of its Network Intelligence portfolio, Tektronix Communications' Iris family of products, including the LTE EPC and IPI monitoring solutions, provide end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to help service providers better manage their networks, services and customers. The solutions allow service providers to better maximize their revenues and minimize costs by providing multiple organizations within a service provider real-time and historical information for all service troubleshooting and performance monitoring needs.
"I congratulate Tektronix Communications for being honored with a 4GWE Product of the Year Award for their advancement of 4G technologies. The entire wireless industry looks forward to more innovative solutions from Tektronix Communications in the coming year," said Carl Ford, founder and community developer, Crossfire Media.
Tektronix Communications' LTE EPC solution provides service providers with a scalable, end-to-end monitoring solution that can grow as their network expands or as new technologies or enhancements become available. The IPI solution provides unmatched end-to-end analysis and reporting capabilities coupled with an extremely flexible and powerful Key Performance and Quality Indicators (KPI/KQI) modeling engine that allows operators to better link the business outcome to network, service and subscriber intelligence. IPI allows multiple departments within a service provider to develop their own KQI's based on the industry standard categories of accessibility, retainability, integrity and performance.
"By deploying the Iris suite, service providers, such as Verizon Wireless, are able to assure services from packet to people by gaining subscriber intelligence and real-time performance analytics from handset to content in a complex IP environment," said Mark Driedger, Vice President and General Manager, Network Management, Tektronix Communications. "We are honored to receive these awards and believe that by providing visibility into user quality of experience, our best in-class Iris solution resolves problems faster and helps service providers optimize network infrastructure investments as traffic exponentially grows."
About Tektronix Communications' Iris Suite of Products
The Iris suite of products provides multiple organizations within service provider real-time and historical information for all service troubleshooting and performance monitoring needs. The Iris family of products includes:
- GeoProbe G10 – Based on the industry-leading GeoProbe, the new high-speed, high-density 10GE probe features a distributed architecture optimized to handle high bandwidth IP traffic.
- Iris Analyzer toolset – Includes Iris Protocol Analyzer (PA), Iris Session Analyzer (ISA) and Iris Traffic Analyzer (ITA), which provides L2 to L7 troubleshooting by characterizing IP traffic by links, applications and servers.
- IrisView – Easy-to-use, configurable software framework that provides a single, integrated platform for all applications, including feeds to customer experience management (CEM) systems and third party OSS, BSS applications.
- Iris Performance Intelligence – Provides unmatched end-to-end analysis and reporting capabilities coupled with an extremely flexible and powerful KPI/KQI modeling engine that allows operators to better link desired business outcomes to events that occur at the network level.
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC) – At a lower cost and with higher quality of service, this solution provides real time network visibility and troubleshooting capability for operators deploying LTE networks.
For details on the Iris portfolio please visit: www.tektronixcommunications.com/iris.
About Tektronix Communications
Tektronix Communications provides service providers and equipment manufacturers around the world an unparalleled suite of network diagnostics and service assurance solutions for fixed, mobile, IP and converged multi-service networks. This comprehensive set of solutions support a range of architectures and applications such as LTE, fixed mobile convergence, IMS, broadband wireless access, WiMAX, VoIP and triple play. Tektronix Communications is headquartered in Plano, Texas. Learn more about the company's test, measurement and service assurance solutions by visiting www.tektronixcommunications.com
Tektronix is a registered trademark of Tektronix, Inc. All other trade names referenced are the service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Tektronix Communications