DALLAS, Dec. 17, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time in its 15 year history The Texas Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors Show will be in Dallas. The show is moving to Dallas Market Hall and runs Jan. 6-9.
"Fishing, hunting and outdoor recreational activities are an economic powerhouse, representing a $76 billion force in the national economy," said show Executive Director Janet Hoppenstein. "The Lone Star State leads the country and Dallas Market Hall will allow us to grow with more exhibitor space in a centralized location."
The Texas Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors Show runs from 2-8 p.m. on Thurs. Jan. 6, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Fri. and Sat. and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sun. Jan. 9 at Dallas Market Hall.
Highlights of the 2011 Texas Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors Show:
- The best assortment of national-brand fishing tackle, hunting gear and outdoor equipment including the latest high-tech equipment.
- Free fishing seminars with top award winning anglers Dell Rowland and Alton Jones.
- Children discover the great outdoors at the Texas Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors Show Kids Cove and the first 250 kids on Saturday and Sunday receive a free rod.
- Book memorable hunting and fishing trips with top guides before their calendars fill up.
- Future anglers can try their hand at fishing in the Catfish Tank.
- Daily door prizes
... and Unique items brought to you by exhibitors traveling to the show from Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Colorado, Mississippi, Canada and points in between
Texas Fishing and Hunting Statistics:
- North Texans make up 47% of the 2.6 million anglers and hunters in the state of Texas.
- Fishing and Hunting generate $654 million in state tax revenue.
- $6.6 billion spent to hunt and fish
- 106,000 jobs supported
Based on the 2006 national survey for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
"More people hunt and fish in Texas in a given year than attend the... games of the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Mavericks, the Houston Texans and the Houston Rockets combined."
– Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples, Aug. 31, 2010
Contact: Chris Fox
SOURCE Texas Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors Show