DALLAS, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced six- and four-channel electromagnetic interference (EMI) filters for LCD display applications, the TPD6F202 and TPD4F202. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) ratings exceed the IEC 61000-4-2 specification by at least three times for contact discharge. Both are 67 percent better than the specification for air-gap discharge. This allows the signal to be transmitted through the device while it filters out the higher frequency RF and electromagnetic interferences (RF/EMI) that can appear as lines on a screen, especially LCD displays. The devices' compact size allows designers to optimize previously wasted space under connectors. Targeted applications include LCD display interfaces and anything that needs RF/EMI filtering on data lines, such as portable applications, cell phones, LCD interfaces, and video connections. Download a datasheet or order free samples here: www.ti.com/tpd6f202-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPD6F202 and TPD4F202
- These new 300-um packages are less than half the thickness of a credit card, or 60 percent shorter than the nearest competitor, allowing designers to take advantage of previously wasted space under connectors.
- Highest ESD protection rating of +/−25kV with less RF/EMI from the signal antenna to the screen delivers a clearer LCD display.
- Space-saving WCSP with 0.4 mm lead pitch and flow-through pin-mapping facilitates efficient layout in portable applications.
Availability and pricing
The TPD6F202 and TPD4F202 are available now in the space-saving WCSP package with a suggested resale price of $0.21 and $0.17 in quantities of 1,000, respectively.
Learn more about TI's interface portfolio
- Order free samples and download datasheets: www.ti.com/tpd6f202-pr.
- Quickly search TI's entire interface portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the ESD/EMI Interface Forum at the TI E2E™ Community.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
DeviceNet is a trademark of ODVA. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated